Friday, 11 April 2014 18:55

Club Statement

Written by Rangers Football Club

"The Board of Rangers Football Club notes with astonishment the statement issued this afternoon by Dave King.

In his statement Mr King makes a number of untrue allegations against the Chairman and the Board of Rangers Football Club alleging bad faith and false representation. The Chairman and the Board refute all such allegations in the strongest terms and have referred Mr King’s statement to the Club’s legal advisors.

Mr King clearly has elected to ignore the Board’s previous public statement following the Board’s meeting with him. In this statement, which was reviewed with him prior to issue, the Board stated that it will issue the results of the business review prior to the season ticket renewal window ending. This position remains unchanged and Mr King is well aware of this having sought personal confirmation on this matter from the Chairman as recently as yesterday. The business review period has not yet even ended, as Mr King is well aware, however he has elected to make yet another public statement to serve his own purposes.

When the Board met Mr King a few weeks ago, he made it clear that he did not want to put another penny into the Club and would prefer to see the Club using other investors' money. The Board was therefore surprised, but gave him the benefit of the doubt when, a few days later, Mr King made media comments about a willingness to invest his money into the Club. This is an easy statement to make to the media but is contrary to what he told the whole Board.

It is extremely disappointing that Mr King should consider it appropriate to issue this latest statement, clearly designed to unsettle and mislead Rangers fans, on the eve of an important Scottish Cup semi-final match. For someone who claims to have the interests of Rangers at heart and as an ex-director, King's untrue comments are nothing short of disgraceful."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/6741-club-statement

The end game has begun.

Someone ends up with egg on their faces with claim and counter-claim.

The fans suffer. But we WILL have to pick a side.

I'm on King's side - I am past the point of no return with this Board. They have done absolutely nothing to gain our trust.

Totally, Zap - that bit about not wanting to invest is feeble manipulation of what he said, which is that he'd be happy if others ponied up the dosh so he didn't have to.

I dunno if I'm totally convinced by King but I absolutely know how I feel about the board.

You would have thought that DK would have had the foresight to have someone with him when he met the board, who could verify his version of events. And so it goes on!

King doesn't need anyone to verify his comments to the fans....many will believe him not matter what.

The entire board could verify what happened and back it up with a recording yet folk would still call them liars.

The board cannae win no matter what they do. They're only hope going forward is to come out with a solid business review, then to implement it. Although regardless of the content, folk will rubbish it.