Ultimately, the institutional shareholders and the faceless investors want a return on their money.

Being realistic, that's not going to happen on the back of our trading performance any time soon, so they need someone to buy them out.

That is why we have the rich fan (DK) trying to minimise what he has to pay and the investors trying to keep him at arms length until he does.

In the meantime, the Review seems like a sensible business strategy, but then so did the IPO prospectus and we all know how that played out.

So, for everyone to move forward, we're going to need a bit more honesty, a bit less playing to the gallery and a willingness to bury the hatchet and work together with people you may not care for on a personal level. That applies to the Board's engagement with the fans (which needs to build at least some degree of trust soon) and fan groups' approach to each other.

I'd respectfully suggest that now is the time for Buy Rangers and Rangers First to find a way of working together (and sharpish), so that they are ready to take advantage of the share issue when it comes (ie not just maintain our current percentage stake in the business, but to increase our collective influence). "Buy Rangers First" anyone?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultimately, the institutional shareholders and the faceless investors want a return on their money.

Being realistic, that's not going to happen on the back of our trading performance any time soon, so they need someone to buy them out.

That is why we have the rich fan (DK) trying to minimise what he has to pay and the investors trying to keep him at arms length until he does.

In the meantime, the Review seems like a sensible business strategy, but then so did the IPO prospectus and we all know how that played out.

So, for everyone to move forward, we're going to need a bit more honesty, a bit less playing to the gallery and a willingness to bury the hatchet and work together with people you may not care for on a personal level. That applies to the Board's engagement with the fans (which needs to build at least some degree of trust soon) and fan groups' approach to each other.

I'd respectfully suggest that now is the time for Buy Rangers and Rangers First to find a way of working together (and sharpish), so that they are ready to take advantage of the share issue when it comes (ie not just maintain our current percentage stake in the business, but to increase our collective influence). "Buy Rangers First" anyone?!?

An awful lot of sense in what you say Crawford (as always).

Hopefully your final line will not be met with the same foul and abusive attack to which I was subjected when I made the same suggestion.

However, leaving aside the past history and personalities involved; one of the issues is that I doubt the either the RST/BR or the RF has any significant amount of money to invest at the moment.

plgsarmy has twice declined to confirm exactly how many people are investing monthly in the RST/BR but lets say 200 at £11.25 for 5 months would be not much more than £10,000 and I doubt it's as much as that.

I have been calling on the RF to publish figures from the beginning but it has at least 1,000 at an average of say £10 so is probably bringing in say £10,000/month for 2 months and some life memberships at £500; so lets say £25,000.

Not a lot in the overall scheme of things.

By the autumn they might have say £100,000 to invest between them.

RST/BR does have 557,856 (0.86%) to bring to the table but will struggle to take up their rights unless they get a major injection of funds.

Hopefully your final line will not be met with the same foul and abusive attack to which I was subjected when I made the same suggestion.

However, leaving aside the past history and personalities involved; one of the issues is that I doubt the either the RST/BR or the RF has any significant amount of money to invest at the moment.

plgsarmy has twice declined to confirm exactly how many people are investing monthly in the RST/BR but lets say 200 at £11.25 for 5 months would be not much more than £10,000 and I doubt it's as much as that.

I have been calling on the RF to publish figures from the beginning but it has at least 1,000 at an average of say £10 so is probably bringing in say £10,000/month for 2 months and some life memberships at £500; so lets say £25,000.

RST/BR does have 557,856 (0.86%) to bring to the table but will struggle to take up their rights unless they get a major injection of funds.

Don't forget, most who joined BuyRangers paid £125 up front, including me. There are probably over 2,000 who paid this way.

The monthly option is a good idea because it makes it more affordable when payments are spread, but paying monthly does not go on forever with BuyRangers.

When you have paid for a community share after a year, the payments stop apart from £10 a year for Trust membership - unless more community shares are required.

With RangersFirst, as I understand it, the payments go on forever and nothing is owned by contributing individuals even if they stop paying after five, ten or twenty years.

I guess as I only joined the RST as a vehicle through which to participate in the IPO and have since also joined Rangers First, I can look at the situation without having any particular emotional attachment to either.

You're right that neither BR nor FR have the cash today to maintain / increase their holdings in any material way, which is why the individuals involved need to put past differences aside for the good of the Club and cooperate in the run up to the share issue.

Otherwise they'll be duplicating effort across two schemes, diluting the impact of the real message: if you don't like the way in which the club has been run recently, this is your opportunity to do something about it.

However, even if they do cooperate, I think they may need some soft loans so they can commit sufficient cash up front. Perhaps Mr King can help with that?

Don't forget, most who joined BuyRangers paid £125 up front, including me. There are probably over 2,000 who paid this way.

The monthly option is a good idea because it makes it more affordable when payments are spread, but paying monthly does not go on forever with BuyRangers.

When you have paid for a community share after a year, the payments stop apart from £10 a year for Trust membership - unless more community shares are required.

With RangersFirst, as I understand it, the payments go on forever and nothing is owned by contributing individuals even if they stop paying after five, ten or twenty years.

My point was that the lump sums and or £125 totals paid to RST/BR have lagely been invested to purchase the 500,000+ shares and that they do not have the money now to exercise their rights in a new issue.

You have rehearsed your point about the differences in the schemes often enough and correct me if I am wrong but what you get in the RST/BR is a community share NOT a share in RIFC? The shares are owned collectively are they not?

Paying monthly does not "go on for ever" with RF. The shares are owned collectively and you can of course stop your contributions whenever you want.

So both are schemes for fans to own shares collectively but I think you would agree that the RF scheme has more flexibility.

In any case surely it would be best to combine the best elements of both schemes?

I guess as I only joined the RST as a vehicle through which to participate in the IPO and have since also joined Rangers First, I can look at the situation without having any particular emotional attachment to either.

You're right that neither BR nor FR have the cash today to maintain / increase their holdings in any material way, which is why the individuals involved need to put past differences aside for the good of the Club and cooperate in the run up to the share issue.

Otherwise they'll be duplicating effort across two schemes, diluting the impact of the real message: if you don't like the way in which the club has been run recently, this is your opportunity to do something about it.

However, even if they do cooperate, I think they may need some soft loans so they can commit sufficient cash up front. Perhaps Mr King can help with that?

That's what I think may happen and inded I would be shocked if discussions had not already taken place.

After the last RF meeting , I am really hopeful that they will pull a rabbit out the hat when they have the official mainstream launch and that they do indeed have some HNWI lined up to back them .

As pointed out there is no chance of RF and BR ever coming together , the paraniod amongst our support would possibly self combust if that was ever to happen.

That's what I think may happen and inded I would be shocked if discussions had not already taken place.

Is it not the case that because of the way both schemes have been set up , unless one was actually shelved or shut then they cant come together , unless your talking about proxy voting rights

After the lasr RF meeting , I am really hopeful that they will pull a rabbit out the hat when they have the official mainstream launch and that they do indeed have some HNWI lined up to back them .

As pointed out there is no chance of RF and BR ever coming together , the paraniod amongst our support would possibly self combust if that was ever to happen.

Regrettably and judging by the venom that was unleashed against me here when I passed on the comment that I heard at one of the earlier meetings, you may well be correct.

Is it not the case that because of the way both schemes have been set up , unless one was actually shelved or shut then they cant come together , unless your talking about proxy voting rights

I do not know whether or not it is possible for the RST/BR scheme to transfer shares to RF but perhaps someone from RST could enlighten us?