Regan wasn't known as Lawwell's bitch long before administration for no reason

Regan is not just the clubs' mouthpiece. He is given the authority to run the organisation and makes daily, weekly and monthly decisions on his own without reference to the clubs.

Yes of course as CEO, he has day to day authority, BD, though a lot less authority I would venture to suggest than in the days of WP Allan and Ernie Walker.. My point was about "any decisions against Rangers". I think he knows where his authority ends and the politics begins.

Yes of course as CEO, he has day to day authority, BD, though a lot less authority I would venture to suggest than in the days of WP Allan and Ernie Walker.. My point was about "any decisions against Rangers". I think he knows where his authority ends and the politics begins.

His authority ends well after the politics begin.

His authority ends well after the politics begin.

The CEO is the Secretary and this is all that is aid in the SFA Articles:

69. Secretary

Subject to the provisions of the Act, the Secretary shall be appointed by the Board for such

time, at such remuneration and upon such conditions as it may think fit, and any Secretary so

appointed may be removed by it. The Board may from time to time by resolution appoint an

assistant or deputy Secretary, and any person so appointed may act in place of the Secretary if

there be no Secretary or no Secretary capable of acting. The Secretary shall ordinarily also serve in

the capacity of Chief Executive but, at the entire discretion of the Board, different persons may be

appointed to office as the Secretary and the Chief Executive, respectively.

All the power rests in the Board:

62. Powers of the Board

62.1 The management of the business and the control of the Scottish FA shall be vested in the

Board, which shall be entitled to exercise all such powers and carry out all such objects of

the Scottish FA as are not by these Articles or by statute expressly directed or required to

be exercised or done by the Scottish FA in general meeting subject, nevertheless, to any

regulations from time to time made by the Scottish FA in general meeting, provided that no

regulation shall invalidate any prior act of the Board which would have been valid if such

regulation had not been made.

62.2 Without prejudice to the general powers conferred by Article 62.1 and of the other powers

conferred by these Articles, it is hereby expressly declared that the Board shall have the

following powers:-

(a) it may make, alter and revoke all such rules, bye-laws and regulations relative

to the use of the property of the Scottish FA and to the conduct or holding of

meetings, or for such other purpose as it may deem fit and proper, provided that

no rule, bye-law, or regulation shall be made under the foregoing which would

amount to such an addition to or alteration of these Articles as could only by law

be made by a resolution of the members;

(b) it may draw, make, accept, endorse, discount, execute and issue, respectively,

promissory notes, bills, cheques or other negotiable instruments, provided that

every promissory note, bill, cheque or other negotiable instrument drawn, made,

accepted, endorsed, discounted, executed or issued shall be signed by the

President, the First Vice-President, the Second Vice-President

The list is too long to publish here.

Obviously they delegate certain of these powers and the day to day running of the organisation to the CEO but there is no doubt who has the power and it is not the CEO.

Obviously they delegate certain of these powers and the day to day running of the organisation to the CEO but there is no doubt who has the power and it is not the CEO.

The actions of the CEO over the past few years prove otherwise.