Quick bump for the transfer thread to say that on Thursday Steve Simonsen answered a question from a Rangers fan on twitter who was asking him what the script is and Simmo said he's in limbo, which is what I had suspected. In other words... we haven't offered him a new contract, but neither have we told him that his services will no longer by required. Not a very fair way to treat a player.

We shouldn't repeat the same mistake as last year.

Gallagher is more than good enough to be our No.2 and if he has to sit on the bench that's what happens.

We can't afford to pay a back up goalie to play one game a season. We're carrying too many passengers already; must be about 28-30 in the first team squad as it is.

He should be told thanks for last season and all the best for the future.

We shouldn't repeat the same mistake as last year.

Gallagher is more than good enough to be our No.2 and if he has to sit on the bench that's what happens.

We can't afford to pay a back up goalie to play one game a season. We're carrying too many passengers already; must be about 28-30 in the first team squad as it is.

He should be told thanks for last season and all the best for the future.

There's absolutely no way he should get a new contract, but I don't think any of our players should be left in limbo either and that certainly appears to be what has happened with Steve Simonsen.

Obviously, Gallagher may have told Ally that he does not exactly fancy the No. 2 role ... as unlikely as this would be. Since he is AFAIK too old for the youth teams it would leave him with next to no footie unless Ally decides to use him in the "lesser" cups?

Obviously, Gallagher may have told Ally that he does not exactly fancy the No. 2 role ... as unlikely as this would be. Since he is AFAIK too old for the youth teams it would leave him with next to no footie unless Ally decides to use him in the "lesser" cups?

Scott Gallacher can still play for the U20 team even although he's over age, but that would continue to hinder the development of our other promising young keepers. Ideally, I'd have thought that Durie would be keen to play and develop the likes of Liam Kelly in the U20 team since he's still only 19.

I'm sure fighting for your place at Ibrox would be a far more attractive proposition than playing a handful of games for some dead beat lower division side.

It would be good to hear McCoist's explanation why he did not promote Gallagher to No.2. The only reason I can see is that McCoist wants him to get more competitive action rather than being Bell's deputy ... and thus he'll send him on-loan again.