Permit me a small bit-part illustration.

Ann Budge / Day One

Talks of the future based on academy/ good scouting system and appoints chief scout.

Graham Wallace / Day One

Signs a contract with a 100% bonus clause based on 'foggy criteria'.

GW / Day 156

Talks of the future based on academy/ good scouting system and appoints spin-doctor*

I think it very revealing that the current board prioritize spin and that it goes to the heart of the matter...........

No meaningful transparency or sufficient truth that in turn leads to No trust.

* Tyrell was actually appointed a few days earlier.

Fair points.

While it's fair to say that Budge's intentions are not yet completely clear, she and her team seem to be willing to deal directly with fans and the media. Meanwhile our board hide from such open debate on a regular basis.

Of course such debate that doesn't necessarily mean transparency and honesty (see Charles Green) but it would go a long way to reducing suspicions.

As it stands we remain at an impasse. You'd think something has to break the surface tension this week.

Not sure it was about honesty. Hertz administrators were more competent IMO. Looking back why did D&P prolong our administration when it was obvious HMRC were never going to agree to a CVA from the outset?

I've seen emails from d and p to the blue knights insisting hmrc were going to accept the CVA.

We're d and p lying or did green change hmrc mind I have no idea.

But incompetent or dishonest it all comes down to the same result.

Fair points.

While it's fair to say that Budge's intentions are not yet completely clear, she and her team seem to be willing to deal directly with fans and the media. Meanwhile our board hide from such open debate on a regular basis.

Of course such debate that doesn't necessarily mean transparency and honesty (see Charles Green) but it would go a long way to reducing suspicions.

As it stands we remain at an impasse. You'd think something has to break the surface tension this week.

GreenCo won't blink this early. Well not if they have the cash to see the month out anyway. Therefore all we will get this week ate more words at best

Fair points.

The fundamantal motivations at executive board level at the two clubs are different and from this, trickles down MO, behaviour, type of fan engagement, etc, etc.

The other day I mentioned the term " a perfect storm" (after 40 months of rain) regards all-encompassing and ongoing matters at Ibrox.

Today the term may be "the (uneasy) calm before the storm" regards the current impasse.

There are two important differences between executive board control of Hearts and that of Rangers.

One has the longterm interests of the football club very much at heart and as a priority,...........................the other doesn't.

One is deserving of Trust,......................the other isn't.

Always grand to see the revolutionaries supposedly speak for us all and for those of a different club as well. I'm sure they all love one another over in Jamboland.

Re the OP ...

Meanwhile the club have stoically avoided any sort of formal meeting with fans since last December’s AGM. In 2014, after one administration and £70m of our money wasted since, that just won’t do. Indeed, this week’s season ticket renewal deadline will be a key measure of just how frustrated we are.

The thing here is, as much as it seems plausible, what could the board tell to these disgruntled fan representatives? They most likely won't get any more info than what is being written in e.g. the "120 review". No matter how often this or that supporters' group will ask or demand. IMHO the review gives enough info your "average Joe" could be content with. As we are all rather anxious about the current state of affairs and how much of our money is actually be invested into the club and won't vanish, it won't do. Yet, I guess we all can imagine what would happen during these meet-ups anyway, apart from booing the odd person. "Where's the money gone?" "Why don't you let King in?" "Can we get a security for Ibrox?" et al. We essentially have heard the answers to that though and repeating the questions won't get us anywhere. So how can the board get any trust at this moment and time? Essentially only by keeping up with their published plans while trying to be as transparent as possible. For that they need time and we shall see whether they have and get that.

The thing here is, as much as it seems plausible, what could the board tell to these disgruntled fan representatives? They most likely won't get any more info than what is being written in e.g. the "120 review". No matter how often this or that supporters' group will ask or demand. IMHO the review gives enough info your "average Joe" could be content with. As we are all rather anxious about the current state of affairs and how much of our money is actually be invested into the club and won't vanish, it won't do. Yet, I guess we all can imagine what would happen during these meet-ups anyway, apart from booing the odd person. "Where's the money gone?" "Why don't you let King in?" "Can we get a security for Ibrox?" et al. We essentially have heard the answers to that though and repeating the questions won't get us anywhere. So how can the board get any trust at this moment and time? Essentially only by keeping up with their published plans while trying to be as transparent as possible. For that they need time and we shall see whether they have and get that.

Sorry dB, all I'm reading there is excuses.

I'm not suggesting for a second that some sort of open meeting would cure all our ills. That would be foolish.

However, it would go some way to showing some mutual good faith between the club and fans. I'd expect it to be well organised to avoid bad behaviour and I'm confident those invited to attend would ensure it was a constructive exercise which, most importantly, could and should be a regular thing.

As it stands we have nothing. I can't understand why anyone would find that acceptable.

As an addendum to the above post, I think it's also important to understand while dialogue may be agreeable, the information available has to be of a higher quality.

Let's take one example - scouting.

Yesterday, Budge appointed a chief scout - no messing about and no review.

Six months down the line Graham Wallace has failed to do this. Fair enough, let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he wants to be sure he has correct person. In that case, why not be specific, say this but offer a definite time-scale such as the end of May to deliver it. Instead all we have is mealy-mouthed responses to what are very fair questions on the issue.

That adds to suspicions and just maintains divisions and negativity. Again, I can't understand why anyone would find that acceptable as there's simply no excuse for this lack of open engagement.

Wallace should hold a meeting and it should be with the likes of me not 'fan groups'.

Clearly you can't get all season ticket holders in but names should be drawn out of a hat or should be first come first serve.

Fan groups are entitled as anyone to be there and usually they're represented by only one or two people anyway.

That leaves plenty of room for more 'ordinary' fans interested in attending and taking an active part.

The club's complete refusal to accommodate such a meeting is extremely disappointing.