Thought Hearts were impressive in the first half, heard Neilsen imploring them several times to "keep on the deck and pass and move".

McKay certainly changed things for us, Telfer though quiet in parts certainly let his talent shine through, felt a wee bit sorry for Gallagher being isolated up front before being moved out to the right but by f*&k he put in a shift.

Halkett seems quite mobile for a big lad and had a nice deft touch for his goal.

The keeper certainly enjoyed his well earned moment of glory.

Poor Hearts 'keeper had a howler.

At fault for both goals and missed the pen that won the game.

Well played to the Rangers though. :rfc:

On the flip side of that, our keeper was the hero, saving four pens and scoring the winner

Well, I'll be the odd man out and say I thought we were rubbish. Without their keeper we've had lost 2-0 and deservedly so. Certainly Rangers got stronger as the game went on so fitness levels are good but the standard was very low, from both sides really. Halkett did look strong and I thought Gasparotto also knows the basics about positioning and movement so has a chance. Burrows has pace but - based on the chance McKay set him up with - needs a lot of work on composure. FB's looked very ordinary, midfielders did look good at the end but when Hearts were fresh struggled.

All in all I was disappointed. If that's the standard of a good u-20 side I'd hate to see the others.

Never judge a game from TV highlights, but I'm going to nonetheless.

It looks as though a Rangers house style has developed. All teams play the same way - cumbersome and disjointed. Hearts looked slicker and faster.

Any idea of the attendance? More than most Saints' games I expect. Fair number of Mrs Budge's boys in the crowd. Would the Gorgie polis lift them if they sang "Hello, hello, we are Ann Budge's boys"?