Rab, if you seriously want Rangers to downscale everything to the level of this board's ability to bring in income and manage it properly, then we would be as well giving up everything and playing in the juniors.

I have never heard such defeatest trash from a bear in all my life.

This board is the problem, added to with some terrible decisions by manager(s), and has been the problem for over a decade. Murray ran us into the ground, and everyone who has had a piece of us since, has trampled in the dirt a bit more and then a bit more again.

Just when you think a board cant get any worse than its predecessor, along comes the next one. Wake up FFS, its not coffee you can smell.

There is the other issue that any monies generated are then under the control of a board you can't trust.

if it is too expensive to run then it may need to be sold off and a less expensive, smaller training ground built elsewhere. I'm just not convinced it represents value for money.

Sorry, but that's completely ridiculous. Murray Park is certainly expensive to run, but it just needs it's operational costs properly streamlined. Selling it to move to a smaller facility after all the time and money that's been invested in it over the years would be total and utter madness. Rangers will be needing those world class training facilities to help us attract top quality players again when we're back in the top flight.

It's not funding requirements which will drive us towards sale and leaseback deals, it's the absence of any other realistic way for certain shareholders to make a return from their investments in the absence of a takeover bid.

Mr Easdale, I for one will join those prepared to starve you out if you go down that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rab, if you seriously want Rangers to downscale everything to the level of this board's ability to bring in income and manage it properly, then we would be as well giving up everything and playing in the juniors.

This board is the problem, added to with some terrible decisions by manager(s), and has been the problem for over a decade. Murray ran us into the ground, and everyone who has had a piece of us since, has trampled in the dirt a bit more and then a bit more again.

Just when you think a board cant get any worse than its predecessor, along comes the next one. Wake up FFS, its not coffee you can smell.

Best post I ever read.

This shower of scum that run us would love us to downscale our ambition and give up.

Good luck with the ****s. We are rangers

I have to admit I have always been a cynic about MP ever since it opened when SDM's regime told us we'd produce our own players rather than buy them. For a club who has predominately bought players rather than produce it's own I considered that was going to have to be some turnaround which wasn't achievable.I still hold that view.

If MP is cost effective then fine. keep it, but it must improve beyond all recognition from where it is now. if it means changing the first team manager to one who knows how to put younger players successfully into the first team then so be it.

It needs to be remembered too that where we are all costs needs looked at and MP was certainly one such area IMO. A smaller training ground mainly for the first team and reserves would not be downscaling for me.

Without us Auchenhowie is worth very little. You can't buy it and build houses it has very strict planning consent. You aren't going to find another football club to take it on, you might be able to turn it into a David Lloyd club or similar but that's about it. It's not worth that much as anything but a professional football club's training facility. Anyone buying it will want us along with it.

I have to admit I have always been a cynic about MP ever since it opened when SDM's regime told us we'd produce our own players rather than buy them. For a club who has predominately bought players rather than produce it's own I considered that was going to have to be some turnaround which wasn't achievable.I still hold that view.

If MP is cost effective then fine. keep it, but it must improve beyond all recognition from where it is now. if it means changing the first team manager to one who knows how to put younger players successfully into the first team then so be it.

It needs to be remembered too that where we are all costs needs looked at and MP was certainly one such area IMO. A smaller training ground mainly for the first team and reserves would not be downscaling for me.

And produce them we did. It's not Murray Parks fault if the first team managers refused to use its graduates.

Why should Murray Park improve? Surely it's actually the first team manager which needs to improve? Again, the players are there and they keep coming.

A smaller training ground would be a sports centre, not big enough for a club with our ambitions.

And produce them we did. It's not Murray Parks fault if the first team managers refused to use its graduates.

Why should Murray Park improve? Surely it's actually the first team manager which needs to improve? Again, the players are there and they keep coming.

A smaller training ground would be a sports centre, not big enough for a club with our ambitions.

With all due respect I think the team manager is another debate altogether but if he is unwilling to give youth a chance then there's little point in having MP IMO. Either that or change the manager but I see no point in pouring millions into MP if young players aren't going to get their chance.

With all due respect I think the team manager is another debate altogether but if he is unwilling to give youth a chance then there's little point in having MP IMO. Either that or change the manager but I see no point in pouring millions into MP if young players aren't going to get their chance.

First and foremost Murray Park is a training facility, not a youth academy.

Rab, it has to be the very same debate, they are linked so closely on this issue. You are moaning because yo don't think we are getting value for money from our training facility(remember it's not an academy) which i agree with to be honest but the reason it isn't value for money is because we hire managers who either don't want to work with our own players, are unable to work with our own players, cannot develop players or are unwilling to develop our own players. The only one in the last 20 years who was able to do it was hounded out after 6 months. Remembering youth didn't lose PLG his job, that aspect of management was not his failing. It was actually one of his fortes!

Again, at the end, kids are not getting their chance because the manager would rather sign Blacks, Dalys and Peraltas.