Official Site: Season Ticket Waiting List !!

The official site says......THE renewal deadline has now passed..

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/club-news/item/6974-season-ticket-waiting-list

We should expect a regulatory annoucement if ST numbers are significantly down.

Aim rule 11

A company must issue notification without delay of any new developments which are not public knowledge concerning a change in: its financial condition; its sphere of activity; the performance of its business; or its expectation of its performance.

Think your making a mountain outta mole hill here....

The deadline to guarantee your current seat has passed, However, they are still accepting renewals and starting to look @ transfers.

Why would they need to issue financial notifications??? Tickets are still selling.....

Think your making a mountain outta mole hill here....

The deadline to guarantee your current seat has passed, However, they are still accepting renewals and starting to look @ transfers.

Why would they need to issue financial notifications???. Tickets are still selling....

With all due respect, try reading the OP slowly.

With all due respect, try reading the OP slowly.

RE-read it as slowly as possibly.....still fail to see your point.

Can folk still renew their tickets - YES. Is there still cash coming into the club - YES. Has the financial situation reached a point where notification need to be issued - I don't think so.

Maybe you'd be so good to inform us how the rule you mention (below) has any bearing on not being guaranteed your current seat:

Aim rule 11

A company must issue notification without delay of any new developments which are not public knowledge concerning a change in: its financial condition; its sphere of activity; the performance of its business; or its expectation of its performance.

The renewal deadline is/was public knowledge. The performance of the business has not been affected (yet). Expectations are down (from unconfirmed reports), but ST are still selling/being renewed. I hardly think it is time to press the panic button just yet. If season ticket sales continue to be poor, and then start to have a possible effect of company performance - then it's time for notifications.

RE-read it as slowly as possibly.....still fail to see your point.

Can folk still renew their tickets - YES. Is there still cash coming into the club - YES. Has the financial situation reached a point where notification need to be issued - I don't think so.

Maybe you'd be so good to inform us how the rule you mention (below) has any bearing on not being guaranteed your current seat:

The renewal deadline is/was public knowledge. The performance of the business has not been affected (yet). Expectations are down (from unconfirmed reports), but ST are still selling/being renewed. I hardly think it is time to press the panic button just yet. If season ticket sales continue to be poor, and then start to have a possible effect of company performance - then it's time for notifications.

1. Today the club have informed us that the deadline has passed.

2. I stated that if there was a significant difference between the projected and the actual ST renewals then we should expect a regulatory annoucement.

3. This was based on the AIM market rule 11.

4. Specifically wrt 'expectation of performance'.

5. The rule states that any such notification should be made 'without delay'.

What you suggest is akin to a schoolyard game of football where a team want to play on and on after the bell has gone, until they score enough goals to win the game.

In the case of there being a significant downturn in numbers, what would justify your seeming expectation that supporters would suddenly decide to renew now (post deadline) in numbers that would materially alter the arithmetic ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

edit.

The real issue is the actual number of renewals, the above is a potential consequence.

One that good and timely corporate goverence would see happen 'without delay'.

Edited by buster.

1. Today the club have informed us that the deadline has passed.

2. I stated that if there was a significant difference between the projected and the actual ST renewals then we should expect a regulatory annoucement.

3. This was based on the AIM market rule 11.

4. Specifically wrt 'expectation of performance'.

5. The rule states that any such notification should be made 'without delay'.

What you suggest is akin to a schoolyard game of football where a team want to play on and on until they score enough goals to win the game.

In the case of there being a significant downturn in numbers, what would justify your seeming expectation that they would suddenly decide to renew now in numbers that would materially alter the arithmetic ?

The deadline that has passed is for guaranteeing your current seat - that is all!!! The statement clearly says this. Renewals are still being processed & transfers being looked at.

Providing that sales are still ongoing, I wouldn't see any need for the club to issue financial notifications. Based on your logic, if we expect 45k fans @ A home game and we only get 25k, this is below expectations & causes a change in the financial performance of the company....therefore notifications should be issued.

I see this as nothing more than clutching at straws & trying to get "information" into the public domain which serves a particular agenda.

I would think that the financial projections will have a cut off date eg. we estimate that 40k ST's will be sold by August 1st. This would be to allow for the open sale of ST's - right now it is just renewals. After this cut-off date, if sales are noticeably below expectations, then notification will be issued.

The deadline that has passed is for guaranteeing your current seat - that is all!!! The statement clearly says this. Renewals are still being processed & transfers being looked at.

Providing that sales are still ongoing, I wouldn't see any need for the club to issue financial notifications. Based on your logic, if we expect 45k fans @ A home game and we only get 25k, this is below expectations & causes a change in the financial performance of the company....therefore notifications should be issued.

I see this as nothing more than clutching at straws & trying to get "information" into the public domain which serves a particular agenda.

I would think that the financial projections will have a cut off date eg. we estimate that 40k ST's will be sold by August 1st. This would be to allow for the open sale of ST's - right now it is just renewals. After this cut-off date, if sales are noticeably below expectations, then notification will be issued.

- Compare the numbers with those at the same point last year.

- If there is a significant drop compared with last year/projections and you can't give good reason why renewals will suddenly pick-up.

- AIM rule 11 should apply.

- If there is a significant drop compared with last year/projections and you can't give good reason why renewals will suddenly pick-up.

Certainly a valid point of reference.....However I still standby my view that at this point it is nothing more than scaremongering - we don't even officially know how many ST have been renewed.....