If only the board would put together a meeting of this size (or bigger) at Ibrox and actually show that they really are "ready to listen" to the fans, but if they did set something up it would most likely just be a PR stunt with a pointless, stage-managed Q&A rather than any meaningful dialogue between the board and the fans.

It suits them very well to have fans at each others throats , in fact a smart PR guy would make it his business to continually stir the pot and sow discord - divide and conquer . Does this sound familiar to anyone ? .

Maybe they could start by discussing who their favourite football team is and move on from there...

It's an excellent idea. If individual groups are divisive, ego driven, or unwilling even to listen to others, then they'll be embarrassed very publicly. You never know, we might even make some progress.

The journey of a 1000 miles starts with a single step...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks very much for the invite but I can't personally make that day due to a prior engagement.

I think it's a useful idea actually. May or may not work as it definitely won't stop some of the more idiotic of the mischief makers amongst us but I think we do need to get people round the same table more often.

There are two groups on that list that will continue to spread disharmony amongst the support no matter what. This meeting is poorly thought out and Ill advised IMO. We will never get100% unity and it's a waste to time attempting to get it, would make more sense to try and get common ground with the sane 95%.

We have large numbers who are expressing their distrust of the board by not renewing their ST's, effectively a vote of no confidence.

The groups on one side of the so-called 'division' are relatively small.

Given the current situation and arithmetic within,......the easiest way of tackling 'division' within the support is to stop talking about it.

Energies would be better used in other directions that lead to the root of the ongoing problem.

We have large numbers who are expressing their distrust of the board by not renewing their ST's, effectively a vote of no confidence.

The groups on one side of the so-called 'division' are relatively small.

Given the current situation and arithmetic within,......the easiest way of tackling 'division' within the support is to stop talking about it.

Energies would be better used in other directions that lead to the root of the ongoing problem.

That why posted what I did. This type of meeting only gives oxygen to the weirdos in our support. Look back to the meeting at the Grosvenor Hilton to see what is important to them, they even split up and move to another part of the room during the interval hoping to get selected to speak again.

That why posted what I did. This type of meeting only gives oxygen to the weirdos in our support. Look back to the meeting at the Grosvenor Hilton to see what is important to them, they even split up and move to another part of the room during the interval hoping to get selected to speak again.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but there has to be proportionality.

Perhaps not the best analogy but.....

Not many MP's listen to the 'Green Party' at Westminster.

They tend to get on and attempt to tackle the issues of the day.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but there has to be proportionality.

Perhaps not the best analogy but.....

Not many MP's listen to the 'Green Party' at Westminster.

They tend to get on and attempt to tackle the issues of the day.

With all respect you're deluded if you think that's all the divisions come down to, it's even causing arguments amongst families and best mates

There are two groups on that list that will continue to spread disharmony amongst the support no matter what. This meeting is poorly thought out and Ill advised IMO. We will never get100% unity and it's a waste to time attempting to get it, would make more sense to try and get common ground with the sane 95%.

Its not about 'unity' its about civility - People have a right to think what they want but I believe, and there are plenty others that agree, is that we should not to resort to insults and the like when discussing things to do with the club between fellow Rangers Supporters. A code of conduct is one of the things we will be looking at and see if there is an appetite for. The thing is that in order for this kind of thing to work people have to look at themselves and their own behavior as that is the only thing that you can control

A proper agenda will be looked at over the weekend and we will put it out for feedback and change bits according to demand.

I'd like the differences in our support to discussed in a productive way online - 'Debate Not Hate' is my first cheesy attempt at a tagline :) - I'll come up with better soon enough lol

Loudon must be struggling. thats all im saying..

We aren't - Infact the meeting will be in the Lounge and we will not be serving alcohol there.

There is no other agenda behind this - there is an appetite to try and reduce the animosity in between fellow Rangers fans.

Personally, I think the constant looking for conspiracy theories is one of the issues in our support.