Thanks very much for the invite but I can't personally make that day due to a prior engagement.

I think it's a useful idea actually. May or may not work as it definitely won't stop some of the more idiotic of the mischief makers amongst us but I think we do need to get people round the same table more often.

Thanks, I'm not sure if it will work myself but I think we should at least try - And I'm actually a bit optimistic.

Its not about 'unity' its about civility - People have a right to think what they want but I believe, and there are plenty others that agree, is that we should not to resort to insults and the like when discussing things to do with the club between fellow Rangers Supporters. A code of conduct is one of the things we will be looking at and see if there is an appetite for. The thing is that in order for this kind of thing to work people have to look at themselves and their own behavior as that is the only thing that you can control

A proper agenda will be looked at over the weekend and we will put it out for feedback and change bits according to demand.

I'd like the differences in our support to discussed in a productive way online - 'Debate Not Hate' is my first cheesy attempt at a tagline :) - I'll come up with better soon enough lol

There will always be disagreements (sometimes abusive) within a large groups of people/groups.

Try all you might you will not reach the 'promised land'.

Now is the time to concentrate focus on the bigger and immediate issues and not worry about a small number who shout loudly/abuse.

Edited by buster.

Maybe, although the timing doesn't suit. Earlier or later would be a lot better. I'll not know until the day as it depends on my son's movements.

Surely he's potty trained and regular by now...? :whistle:

#stool

This initiative is both positive and well intentioned. However, although there are about 20 groups listed, I suspect that a large percentage of the club's support will no little or nothing of the existence of such groups and the relevance of what is agreed at this gathering is bound to be very limited.

Its not about 'unity' its about civility - People have a right to think what they want but I believe, and there are plenty others that agree, is that we should not to resort to insults and the like when discussing things to do with the club between fellow Rangers Supporters. A code of conduct is one of the things we will be looking at and see if there is an appetite for. The thing is that in order for this kind of thing to work people have to look at themselves and their own behavior as that is the only thing that you can control

A proper agenda will be looked at over the weekend and we will put it out for feedback and change bits according to demand.

I'd like the differences in our support to discussed in a productive way online - 'Debate Not Hate' is my first cheesy attempt at a tagline :) - I'll come up with better soon enough lol

appologies I didnt mean that sound so blunt. I aint against the idea. .its the 3rd 'loudon' post here in last few days.

I mentioned in another thread I didnt think was good idea to have people in a bar 2 hours before a protest march. and my same feelings for this. serious discussions and pubs/alcohol just dont mix well.

good luck with the event..