The groups which create the divisions in the first place have certainly helped weaken Rangers as a force so that it struggles to stay alive, despite being the best supported side in the country. They are not suddenly, or even gradually, going to abandon their manifestos which they insist Rangers stand for, so we will continue to be weakened from within.

As long as the body is full of parasites it won't be healthy and, as some have bleakly forecast lately, could even die. And as much as I'd love to join Rab in the land of the lost, wandering the grounds in my nightgown and howling 'Manus Fullerton and Lloyd's Banking Group' at the full moon, it's more likely to be us who will be to blame.

Isn't it sad someone needs to suggest we adopt a code of conduct in how we speak to each other. When you actually say that out loud it's an astonishing state of affairs.

Good luck to the OP, civility and respect don't sound like impossible goals.

Isn't it sad someone needs to suggest we adopt a code of conduct in how we speak to each other. When you actually say that out loud it's an astonishing state of affairs.

Good luck to the OP, civility and respect don't sound like impossible goals.

Exactly why I'm not in favour of this. We are talking about grown men with families and careers needing told how to behave. And the thing is, outside of two websites, the groups work well together and, if the card protests are anything to go by, affiliated and non affiliated fans are on the same page.

Some fans have been surprised and sickened - not at criticism from one to the other - but at the mindless abuse given out.

It makes them wonder why they have an attachment to a club that has so many ill-mannered and uncouth fellow travellers. It makes them wonder if they belong any more. They begin to doubt their allegiance.

Some will chuck it and they won't be back. When they have created productive and rewarding lives for themselves, they really don't need to be a part of a debate where abuse is the first option of the dumbed down and moronic.

Thing is amms, it's neither a new state of affairs, nor a new idea on how to tackle the problems. Some of us have suggested previously that the only way to get past the inter-site/inter-group wars and incessant bickering is for everyone to agree on a few rules and try to adhere to them. That's primarily why we ask forum members here not to bad mouth other forums/sites and groups of fans because the slanging matches help absolutely nobody, they just cause ever-increasing animosity and divisions.

Simple as it may seem though, it's not easy to adhere to even such basic and simple rules. Everyone who's been posting here for a while knows about this unwritten rule/request we have, but it repeatedly needs to be said again and again. It's not even easy for admin and mods to adhere to because sometimes you get lost in the heat of the moment or even just go ahead and speak your mind, so it's difficult to get a balance and basically to get it right.

I'm a firm believer that despite the divisions, the main Rangers forums could all agree on an 'inter-forum code' of sorts, then moderate appropriately and in sync with each other. To a small, but certain extent, this HAS happened, just not to a great enough extent.

Another growing problem for us over the past few years is that social media sites like Twitter are pretty much unmoderated, so there's always going to be people who abuse it's openness and freedoms. Add that to the fact that it's an absolutely horrific medium for any serious kind of discussion or debate which actually breeds confusion and misunderstandings because of the daft 140 character limit on a tweet and it's a recipe for madness and chaos.

Anyway, despite the fact that I do think a few agreements could be reached between forums and relationships at least partially improved, I don't hold high hopes overall because there's a certain amount of people who just want to have a free-for-all slanging match every day because they actually enjoy it and if you try to tell them what to do they'll just fire over to Twitter or somewhere else (like comments boxes) and carry on regardless.

Some fans have been surprised and sickened - not at criticism from one to the other - but at the mindless abuse given out.

It makes them wonder why they have an attachment to a club that has so many ill-mannered and uncouth fellow travellers. It makes them wonder if they belong any more. They begin to doubt their allegiance.

Some will chuck it and they won't be back. When they have created productive and rewarding lives for themselves, they really don't need to be a part of a debate where abuse is the first option of the dumbed down and moronic.

I see it as even more harmful than that, tbh.

Our own actions deny the club defenders or leaders. We miss out on the those who would be the most effective Bluenoses, no offence to those who are trying at present. I can't do anything to help Rangers - I'm an internet poster with a penchant for long winded articles full of crap allusions and nothing more. But we miss out on the people who might make the difference: the politicians, the newspaper people, the broadcasters, the lawyers, the accountants or the businessmen. They won't touch us with a barge pole, and for that any of us who has ever besmirched the name of Rangers with religious or personal abuse can warmly congratulate ourselves.

I see it as even more harmful than that, tbh.

Our own actions deny the club defenders or leaders. We miss out on the those who would be the most effective Bluenoses, no offence to those who are trying at present. I can't do anything to help Rangers - I'm an internet poster with a penchant for long winded articles full of crap allusions and nothing more. But we miss out on the people who might make the difference: the politicians, the newspaper people, the broadcasters, the lawyers, the accountants or the businessmen. They won't touch us with a barge pole, and for that any of us who has ever besmirched the name of Rangers with religious or personal abuse can warmly congratulate ourselves.

I don't completely agree with you here Andy because even if there was no religious or personal abuse and it was just pure football rivalry between the best teams in the country, a lot of those people still wouldn't put their name to one side or the other due to a fair number of them simply looking after their own interests, aka number one.

I commend the organisers of this meeting although I agree with Frankie that it is not representative of the Rangers support as a whole and it really should be the Club that organises such things.

I am blissfully ignorant of the background of some of the factions and their past alleged misdemeanours but judging by some of the comments here it's not so much an agenda that is needed (although that is obviously required) as an armour plated Chair person.

This is the sort of thing i enjoy, a night away from her indoors talking Rangers. When i'm about ninety i can tell people i was there at that or this meeting or protest. I'll get my RFFF badge out and my red and black protest top on, and Bears will say "this was our finest moment"

If no one has any objections, i will represent the RFFF, Gersnet, Follow Follow, Rangers Media, The SOS, and The RST. unofficially of course.