Easiest way of tackling 'division' within the support is to stop talking about it.

Given the current situation and arithmetic within,......the easiest way of tackling 'division' within the support is to stop talking about it.

The vast majority (look at ST renewals/ or lack of) and we see that the large 'apolitical middle rump' of the support are unhappy.

I don't think there is any doubt that the majority would cite general unhappiness of how the club is being run alongside a distrust of the current board.

The numbers involved with groups that may be considered loosely as pro-board are such that they become unimportant.

That isn't to disrespect anyone or to say they can't have their opinion(s) but it is to say that the arithmetic points to any 'division' currently being insignificant.

The biggest noise is coming from those who don't belong to any group and the board would do well to listen.

From what I understand, the issues between the different fans groups runs a lot deeper than simply back the board or not.

These are divisions that have been on going for years and comes down to different opinions/personalities and differing methods of expressing those views. Getting all the groups behind one particular cause will assist in bringing them together temporarily but not long term.....

It's a fair point but just because 20,000 people haven't renewed doesn't mean they are strictly anti-board per se.

We have to recognise alternative opinions - no matter the relative size or validity of their argument - as it keeps the debate honest. After all, just how many people were pointing out the hazards of SDM, Whyte or Green? Such people were in a very small minority and I certainly wished had been listened to much more than the size of their 'group' warranted.

From what I understand, the issues between the different fans groups runs a lot deeper than simply back the board or not.

These are divisions that have been on going for years and comes down to different opinions/personalities and differing methods of expressing those views. Getting all the groups behind one particular cause will assist in bringing them together temporarily but not long term.....

Correct.

This isn't about the board or the running of the club. This is about VB v MD - simple as that.

This is about VB v MD - simple as that.

You probably know more about it than me.....but I don't think it's quite as specific as that.

I just see it as many different groups, with different views and ways expressing these views. There are obviously personalities that come into it as well....

It's a fair point but just because 20,000 people haven't renewed doesn't mean they are strictly anti-board per se.

We have to recognise alternative opinions - no matter the relative size or validity of their argument - as it keeps the debate honest. After all, just how many people were pointing out the hazards of SDM, Whyte or Green? Such people were in a very small minority and I certainly wished had been listened to much more than the size of their 'group' warranted.

I didn't say 20,000 were strictly anti-board but I believe that the biggest single reason for the ST numbers is a lack of trust in the executive board.

In the real world, you can't cater or realistically try to deal with each and every gripe or concern because whilst you do so, a metaphorical 'Rome' may burn.

In the real world, all large groups of people will have differing viewpoints within. The electoral system gives priority to the majority.

Let individuals within messageboards, individuals or seperate groups get on with whatever they prioritise regards in-fighting.

The real issue at present is the longterm future of the club and the current direction of executive decision-making.

SDM with Jack Irvine started the Confuse, Divide and Control tactics and they've been so successful overtime that they're now embedded.

Now is the first time that I see large and significant numbers standing up and wanting something see 'change'.

"Something is Rotten in the state of Denmark"

Shakepeare

Correct.

This isn't about the board or the running of the club. This is about VB v MD - simple as that.

Let them get on with it.

Should it dominate so much attention at a time when the club has been and is having such difficulties?

Divide & Conquer...............................when are we going to learn ?

You probably know more about it than me.....but I don't think it's quite as specific as that.

I just see it as many different groups, with different views and ways expressing these views. There are obviously personalities that come into it as well....

Believe me it is exactly that.

As long as MD (or his modern equivilent of Chris Graham) is involved with a project, some fans - probably aided and abetted by PR companies - will oppose it causing the division. This has been the case for almost ten years now.

Let them get on with it.

Should it dominate so much attention at a time when the club has been and is having such difficulties?

Divide & Conquer...............................when are we going to learn ?

I'm letting them get on with it - I make up my own mind on single issues regardless of what anyone else thinks and who I may or may not be agreeing with.

I'm just saying that neither can we ignore certain voices just because they may be buying into the divide and conquer strategy. There will always be opposing sides to any debate and what I'm saying is, we can't close our eyes and ears to either side if we really want to form an educated opinion ourself.