Easiest way of tackling 'division' within the support is to stop talking about it.

Eternally grateful buster

"Eternally" may be stretching it a little, as I'd wager you'll probably provide good reason for Mr B.Burd to reappear at some point in the near future.

:lol:

"As far as season tickets go."

The issue for me is season tickets, I hardly care about who backs the board or not anymore.

Starve them of money and change can happen. That is what is going on here. Giving this lot money up front when they have proved time and time again that they are incapable and can't be trusted is just asking for it.

Enough is enough. Fans are using their power to dictate things by holding back money. Sooner or later this lot will be held up against a wall with nowhere to go. Then we can start to get our club back.

Starve them of money and change can happen. That is what is going on here. Giving this lot money up front when they have proved time and time again that they are incapable and can't be trusted is just asking for it.

Enough is enough. Fans are using their power to dictate things by holding back money. Sooner or later this lot will be held up against a wall with nowhere to go. Then we can start to get our club back.

Sometimes things don't work as you envisage them mind you

How much has the club ever had to persuade people before? You can argue things have changed dramatically but usually season ticket renewal time's never been like an election, people renew or don't either because they're fed up of the football or because of personal circumstance.

An issue right now is that without a massive source of working capital it'll be difficult for the board to be making many plans to tell us about anyway.

Well things have now changed. If the board want to treat fans like customers, they need to accept that a sub-standard product, shady deals and faceless shareholders is not a great marketing strategy.

Their reliance on season ticket sales is their problem. How are they going to find a solution?

Sometimes things don't work as you envisage them mind you

I agree. But feeding this mob with more money that they can spunk away or pay each other off, award themselves disgusting bonuses, or employ PR people to defend them is not what ST income should be used for.

Majority of fans have no confidence in those 'running the club' and do not trust people who will not disclose who certain parties are. What have they got to hide ?

I am glad ST renewals are significantly lower than at any other time in the past 25 years or so. This is a positive move from the rank and file and will hopefully lead to a positive change and outcome.

I agree. But feeding this mob with more money that they can spunk away or pay each other off, award themselves disgusting bonuses, or employ PR people to defend them is not what ST income should be used for.

Majority of fans have no confidence in those 'running the club' and do not trust people who will not disclose who certain parties are. What have they got to hide ?

I am glad ST renewals are significantly lower than at any other time in the past 25 years or so. This is a positive move from the rank and file and will hopefully lead to a positive change and outcome.

Safe to say i disagree, one year before the top flight we need fans right behind it imo.

Airlines routinely overbook each plane journey by a few seats. Why? because the chances of 300 people getting to the same place at the correct time, never happens. Anybody who thinks our support will ever stand together as one, on any issue is kidding themselves on.

I'm glad we have different fan groups. What would help is like political parties if we knew what each one was about.

If each faction had a top ten most important things, that they believe in then people could come together better, and we would know where we stand and what everybody agrees on.

Airlines routinely overbook each plane journey by a few seats. Why? because the chances of 300 people getting to the same place at the correct time, never happens. Anybody who thinks our support will ever stand together as one, on any issue is kidding themselves on.

I'm glad we have different fan groups. What would help is like political parties if we knew what each one was about.

If each faction had a top ten most important things, that they believe in then people could come together better, and we would know where we stand and what everybody agrees on.

I had 5 years in the travel industry and had no idea about that. I was good at my job too, very good in fact.