Talksport programme with big Eck is now available to download. References to Rangers are probably through-out, certainly some at the start (best moment type thing) but the main segment on us kicks in some 62 minutes in

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/my-sporting-life/id777692680

You need to install/have installed itunes as far as I can see

Edited by SteveC

eck did very well for us and the football was good over the piece. 3 up front mostly.

Hmmmm.... Not sure I'd agree there GS. He was in charge for four and a half years at Rangers winning seven trophies. He inherited Advocaat's expensive side and won five trophies in the first eighteen months. The following three years he won just two trophies including helicopter sunday.These three years were pretty awful if we are honest. Once MacLeish had to put his own side on the park(albeit on a much reduced budget from Advocaat's) the writing was on the wall

Well they both love us and have brought us much joy - but I guess that wasn't your meaning, SBS.

McLeish is an odd one - terrible games, terrible memories but also brilliant memories: some of, if not THE, best ever. And beat O'kneel while downsizing despite the demented, disgusting leprechaun's prestige.

Hmmmm.... Not sure I'd agree there GS. He was in charge for four and a half years at Rangers winning seven trophies. He inherited Advocaat's expensive side and won five trophies in the first eighteen months. The following three years he won just two trophies including helicopter sunday.These three years were pretty awful if we are honest. Once MacLeish had to put his own side on the park(albeit on a much reduced budget from Advocaat's) the writing was on the wall

very very much reduced in fairness.

eck did very well for us and the football was good over the piece. 3 up front mostly.

Did well with Advocaat's team, terrible thereafter. Signed a plethora of useless players, got record old firm defeats, got beaten by Viktoria Zizkov with a team of highly paid internationalists, finished 3rd in a 2 team league, played terrible football in the later seasons and constantly played players out of position to ill effect. Also, how many games was it he went without a win at one point? I seem to remember it was at least 10?

He has since proven his incompetency at other clubs. Both him and Ally are of the same level. By the end of it all everyone wanted rid of him, people seem to forget and bizarrely want him back. His current employment status speaks volumes.

The only excuse given for retaining him was he was a 'good guy', which is much like the excuse given for Ally that he 'holds us together'.

Lets look at his performance after us.

Scotland - Did well over the piece though it's fair to say Walter had already developed a well organised unit. Despite good results he also lost to Georgia.

Birmingham - won the 2nd rate cup in England but also got relegated. Twice.

Aston Villa - The worst manager in their history with an abysmal win ratio of 21.43 %.

Nottingham Forest - Less said about that the better

Well they both love us and have brought us much joy - but I guess that wasn't your meaning, SBS.

McLeish is an odd one - terrible games, terrible memories but also brilliant memories: some of, if not THE, best ever. And beat O'kneel while downsizing despite the demented, disgusting leprechaun's prestige.

He did well with a team containing Klos, Numan, Arteta, Ferguson, De Boer etc but who wouldn't in the SPL. Advocaat had clearly lost the dressing room.

Aston Villa - The worst manager in their history with an abysmal win ratio of 21.43%.

I think you will find that both Jo Venglos and Billy McNeill have poorer records in that particular category.

McLeish appears to be very adept at going into a struggling club and getting huge improvement from the existing squad of players, only to crash and burn after the initial success. Finishing third in a two-horse race was staggering.