“There must be some kind of way outta here

Said the joker to the thief

There’s too much confusion

I can’t get no relief

Business men, they drink my wine

Plowman dig my earth

None were level on the mind

Nobody up at his word”

Where is it we are trying to get out of ? I would respectfully suggest a rock and a hard place.

As many of you know I’m not often given to profanity – but quite simply – what an absolute clusterfeck.

There is a civil war engulfing us with our boardroom the battleground. As in every conflict the collateral damage is considerable. On one side we have a board who have failed to impress, fail to convince the Rangers support they have our club’s best interests at heart and on the other side we have the challenger in the shape of Dave King, who appears to be being given considerable latitude in his own failings and lack of clarity, as a consequence of his previous investment in our club.

And of course that collateral damage I referred to is manifesting itself not only in a season ticket boycott, but also in the form of a “protest shirt” whose purpose is to deliberately prevent incoming revenue from the sale of club merchandise. It’s easy to say that such ventures deprive the board of money and as anti-board protesters I’m sure that provides the conscience with a fairly robust moral platform for such action. But at what point does it not only deprive the board, but also our club and a manager wishing to strengthen a squad ? Having deliberately deprived the board of regular and essential revenue are we then to hold them to account for failing to enhance our playing squad ? Good Lord.

Before anyone starts harbouring feelings of sympathy for the current board allow me to remind you of the 3 critical questions I tweeted about the other week, which as yet remain unanswered.

1. Why did our club have to secure additional funding after CEO Graham Wallace assured us only weeks earlier there was sufficient money in the account.

2. Why have the board not moved to dispel allegations by the Daily Record that our credit/debit card facility was removed re season tickets due to the financial incompetence of the board and not as was suggested in the review – due to threats of an imminent boycott.

3. Why does it appear the Rangers Football Board, or persons serving thereon, have the ability to overrule the PLC board, when circumstances dictate.

At the forefront of much of the angst against the current board have been the Sons of Struth. Since its inception this group have campaigned on a platform of opposing any sale or leaseback of Ibrox Stadium. Perhaps this groups 3 original aims and objectives are worthy of a refresh.

1. Keep the stadium in the club’s name to avoid Coventry situation

2. Have clear accounts which prove the proper running of the club

3. Have a board that keep the club off the front pages and who themselves are beyond reproach.

To date however the Sons of Struth have not shared with the wider support the circumstances which gave rise to their fears which suggested our stadium may be subject to a sale and leaseback. Why cant those demanding transparency of others lead by example ? Surely if there is evidence which suggests this current board are planning such an option for our stadium it is something which should be shared with the wider support not only made available to a select few ? In fact would the sharing of such information not in fact be in this group’s interests in convincing the undecided within our support of the unsuitability of the current board ?

I have spoken previously of our need for our support to find an enthymeme – a point where there is common agreement and we can move on from. Surely the status and destiny of our 2 biggest assets – Ibrox and Auchenhowie – can provide such a point of common agreement.

All along the watchtower

Princes kept the view

While all the women came and went

Barefoot servants, too

Outside in the cold distance

A wildcat did growl

Two riders were approaching

And the wind began to howl

How long before the Princes stop being onlookers, or begging for the scraps off the master’s table ?

When will we start campaigning on behalf of ourselves and the vision and aspirations we have for our club instead of using our energies and efforts to do the bidding of others ?

When will we realise that the way outta here is to take control of our own destiny, and rely upon ourselves rather than upon others ?

As Buy Rangers, Rangers First and Vanguard Bears continue to do that which Dave King seems to find impossible – buy shares in our club – its becoming less and less a question of “if” but rather a question of “when” ?

Many music critics have commented on how Dylan’s All Along the Watchtower mirrors the words of The Book Isaiah Chapter 21 :-

Prepare the table, watch in the watchtower, eat, drink: arise ye princes, and prepare the shield./For thus hath the Lord said unto me, Go set a watchman, let him declare what he seeth./And he saw a chariot with a couple of horsemen, a chariot of asses, and a chariot of camels; and he hearkened diligently with much heed./…And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground.

I truly hope I live to see the day when Babylon falls at our club.

just a wee note to point out that the protest shirt may well supply rangers with far more income than buying a mike ashley shirt if the board have a share issue as seems likely.

i also think any sensible clued up fan must be worried about the family silverware being sold off.

for me it's just as simple as we will never be the top dogs while we are being run to the benefit of a few hedge funds not as an ambitious football club. make no mistake that's whats happening here.

The current board are another stage of an ongoing process to suck money from the club and sooner or later position the assets of TRFC to their best advantage.

We are on the path of the likes of Leeds and Coventry.

The current "conflict" is the majority of Rangers supporters who are not happy with the way the club is being run by the current board, the misleading dishonesty involved and where this is taking the club.

Your wish to examine the aims of the SoS is disengenuous and could be seen as an attempt to divide.

And of course that collateral damage I referred to is manifesting itself not only in a season ticket boycott' date=' but also in the form of a “protest shirt” whose purpose is to deliberately prevent incoming revenue from the sale of club merchandise. It’s easy to say that such ventures deprive the board of money and as anti-board protesters I’m sure that provides the conscience with a fairly robust moral platform for such action. But at what point does it not only deprive the board, but also our club and a manager wishing to strengthen a squad ? Having deliberately deprived the board of regular and essential revenue are we then to hold them to account for failing to enhance our playing squad ? Good Lord.[/quote']

D'Art, surely the motive/s behind the so-called “protest shirt” aren't as cut and dry as stating it's "purpose is to deliberately prevent incoming revenue from the sale of club merchandise", especially when it's purpose is essentially stated as being an RST initiative to raise funds to buy shares?

As for depriving the board, Club and manager of money for strengthening the squad, how much do Rangers get for the sale of an adult Rangers shirt/top?

Is 5 or 10 grand going to give the manager a transfer budget?

His Bobness, before he fell off his motor bike, was a chap capable of a pithy lyric and possessed an ear keen to a mean melody. I listened, but always preferred the arrangement, interpretation, and presentation of the numerous bands queuing to cover his work ie the Faces, Jimi, the Black Crowes, the Byrds, the Band, ............. etc. In a way, it continues the analogy; the gospel according to me being presented by both the Board and King is largely falling on deaf ears. Better music is available, only by necessary harmony.

The mood music surrounding our club is a dirge.

the contempt this board continually shows the fans is astounding. they have one goal at the moment. To see themselves through the summer and the start of the new season. then the fans will pay on a game to game basis and the the money will come rolling back through the doors again, saving their hides.

babylon wont fall as long as their are fans going through the turnstiles. they will have to be starved out. that means empty stadiums and no merchandise.

Treat them with the contempt they treat you. They wont like it one bit.

the contempt this board continually shows the fans is astounding. they have one goal at the moment. To see themselves through the summer and the start of the new season. then the fans will pay on a game to game basis and the the money will come rolling back through the doors again, saving their hides.

babylon wont fall as long as their are fans going through the turnstiles. they will have to be starved out. that means empty stadiums and no merchandise.

right now we are lurching from one pay day to another. scraping by.

It was explained to me in simple terms by a very clued up Bear, at the last home game. Which i will echo,

"There is a thread here to follow in our demise, it starts with Murray selling our club to the mercy of asset strippers, Whyte, who did as much damage as possible in a short time to rip out cash and moveable assets (Arsenal shares, PAYE and tax) Green then came in to strip us further before bolting, Merchandising contract, catering contracts etc, and to sell on the remaining big assets to hedge funds. Who then run the club with the board doing their bidding, whilst sucking us dry over a period before it ends with them selling or leaseback on the big assets Ibrox, Murray park, Albion car park, Edmiston House.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Neither will the club`s survival.

Well surely if you are producing an alternative top which is to be bought in preference to the official shirt from the club store - then notwithstanding the amounts involved we are depriving the club of potential revenue ?