There is only one main reason I can fathom for not wanting your shareholding diluted and that is control. So the question for the anonymous controlling investors is why don't they want to lose control? What do they have to lose as long as the club is managed well? The only answer I can think of is that they lose control of the external (onerous) contracts and loans and ability to sell and lease back to make more money.

I can see this as the only reason that they don't want King investing and so will do everything to prevent it - including selling their shares without a massive profit.

I can't see how King can do anything without getting royally ripped off and put in a position where he can't fund the future rebuilding of the club, until there is a scenario where their plan will fail and he is their best option for maximising their profit or minimising their loss.

The only way to do this is seems to be to persuade the fans to starve the club's income.

What I've always wanted to hear - why he's a better option and what he's currently doing to achieve that.

Doesn't have to be every minute detail.

Taking King out of it for a moment, the UoF independently seek real engagement, answers and transparency from the executive board.

It would seem something that is in the interests of the support in general and is the actual tangible matter in which the support can actually play a part.

There is much more of an urgent and timely onus on the actual executive board to be transparent rather than someone who may or may not play a part in the future.

There is only one main reason I can fathom for not wanting your shareholding diluted and that is control. So the question for the anonymous controlling investors is why don't they want to lose control? What do they have to lose as long as the club is managed well? The only answer I can think of is that they lose control of the external (onerous) contracts and loans and ability to sell and lease back to make more money.

I can see this as the only reason that they don't want King investing and so will do everything to prevent it - including selling their shares without a massive profit.

I can't see how King can do anything without getting royally ripped off and put in a position where he can't fund the future rebuilding of the club, until there is a scenario where their plan will fail and he is their best option for maximising their profit or minimising their loss.

The only way to do this is seems to be to persuade the fans to starve the club's income.

Aswell as the control over purse strings you talk about........

If the executive board manage to establish more 'control' and with it have enough supporting to pass the 75% mark then they can look to an EGM and then an equity fund-raising issue that would include giving the sp.ivs an opportunity to award themselves cut-price shares and push down the overal average paid between the current proposal and a post EGM (successful).

Taking King out of it for a moment, the UoF independently seek real engagement, answers and transparency from the executive board.

It would seem something that is in the interests of the support in general and is the actual tangible matter in which the support can actually play a part.

There is much more of an urgent and timely onus on the actual executive board to be transparent rather than someone who may or may not play a part in the future.

That goes without saying and, even so, I say it every day.

However, it does not and should not excuse King's own shortcomings when it comes to all the above.

The Blue Knights, followed by McCollco, followed by King should all have romped to 'victory' in their various battles. The fact they didn't/haven't and the fact they still struggle to lead the way in terms of widespread engagement, answers and transparency (via probable involvement with King) gives their critics too much ammunition.

That goes without saying and, even so, I say it every day.

However, it does not and should not excuse King's own shortcomings when it comes to all the above.

The Blue Knights, followed by McCollco, followed by King should all have romped to 'victory' in their various battles. The fact they didn't/haven't and the fact they still struggle to lead the way in terms of widespread engagement, answers and transparency (via probable involvement with King) gives their critics too much ammunition.

I partly understand that but think that the matter at hand concerns current the executive board and the support.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing I'd mention regards your post is that past efforts by those you mention have come up short for a variety of reasons.

Included within them is a lack of support from the fans. Their strategies have often depended on the fans coming together to help force the issue.

If the fans continue to fund on the ongoing situation they will reap what they sow. They have been doing so for years and we see what the harvests look like today.

Now the fans could say that this wasn't made black and white, mixed messages, that communications were greyish at times and they'd be right but there comes a time when thinking people should get a idea of what is going-on. The problem now is that we're in so deep we're looking at relative misery at best.

It'd be fair to say that we've failed pretty much at all levels and that there is no-one willing to dig 'extremely deep' to have the sp.ivs leave the building in the straightforward manner.

Now you have a business/club that will divvy up money between the football club and 'others'.....and one that will lose it's training ground and eventually stadium along the way.

One (TRFC), that will fade away if it continues in the same vien.

The lack of support from the fans is because often the message from these groups has been inconsistent and poorly communicated. In essence although these people all put themselves forward as public figures they didn't actually lead well enough.

Of course we all have to look at ourselves as well but I sincerely hope King isn't making the same mistake as others.

The lack of support from the fans is because often the message from these groups has been inconsistent and poorly communicated. In essence although these people all put themselves forward as public figures they didn't actually lead well enough.

Of course we all have to look at ourselves as well but I sincerely hope King isn't making the same mistake as others.

I agree regards getting the message over, allbeit there were limitations on how direct it could be.

There are other contributory reasons, both through mistakes and ongoing strategy from the 'other side'.

It's been hungry corporate sharks with executive power and professional spin against a relatively amateur & disorganised effort.

However, you play the ball from it lies and look forward.

I currently see the support needing to hold the executive board to account for a variety of reasons.........and a board who misleads, lies and ignores them and depends on breaking the resolve of the large 'middle rump' who didn't renew.

it's because if you engage with one part another part actively seeks to ruin you.

it's because if you engage with one part another part actively seeks to ruin you.

All the more reason to be open with everyone and involve everyone from the start.

Belatedly McCollco realised that but too late to really affect anything.