It's one of these things. Jose couldn't win the league with our current board and their budgets never mind a manager we can afford.

That's impossible to predict, we don't know what Allys budget will be next year. If he is backed as well as he has been in the last 2 seasons and this one then he will have more than enough tools to dominate Scottish football until he retires. There will be no excuses.

Lol any manager with a quarter of celts budget will be forever in their shadow.

You are only assuming it will be a quarter. We don't know what our top tier budget will be yet mate. What i will say is, if we can't match their revenue streams or turnover then it's obviously unrealistic to expect us to operate with the same budget as them. Trying that got us into a couple of horrendous financial messes. We need to accept we are not as big or as rich as them. They can buy players we cannot and they can offer contracts to players we cannot.

I think we can see what it will be but it will need to be a hell of a lot closer for us to have a chance.

We clearly won't be getting the right players in place in advance of the spl as we should so whoever we have in charge is hampered from the off.

If we can't match them financially then we aren't being run properly.

Since the late 90's have we ever been able to compete with them financially though? They had over 10 years of average crowds 10000 higher than ours after they rebuilt their ground. That is around a £50m gulf in just 10 years. Just from ticket sales. How could we cut such a financial gulf? Throwing money we didn't have at it under Advocaat didn't work. Thinking out the box with PLG didn't work. Bringing back Walter was always going to be short term given his age. AMcC isn't going to do it.

Murray didn't have the brains or desire to keep up with them financially, Whyte obviously didn't have a clue full stop and this lot have shown they have no desire to rid our club of the biggest handicap in catching Celtic. Financially we don't know what they will do to compete with Celtic.

Dave King spoke of Celtic running away with Scottish football, he claims he has the means to stop that, i don't question his desire to stop that, none of us want it, something needs to change, as you say, probably off and certainly on it.

I don't think there is any doubt we are not being run properly mate, that much is blatantly obvious.

Their average crowd is lower than the capacity of Ibrox and if that's the key issue the board need to deliver a bigger stadium.

Yeah now. The 10 year period i spoke of above 1998 to 2008, they averaged 58000 to our 48000.

Our board do undoubtedly need to deliver a bigger capacity and do all they can to fill it as often as they can as well. We need huge European crowds, Champions Leagues matches, an exciting manager, good players, positive PR......we are miles from being what we should be but don't seem to be doing anything to get there.