Nadal struggles with the grass court because the grass season starts so close to the end of the clay season - his preferred surface. Nadal is phenomenal on clay. To say he is disinterested in wimbledon is untrue. There is talk of moving either the French or Wimbledon because there is so little time between the two surfaces and you do need time to adjust. Nadal has also been unlucky the last few years with his injuries/illness for Wimbledon.

Grass is Andy's natural talent - same for Federer. I think Andy has surprised a lot of people so far, but this year is different from him. The nation does not expect him to win it, we'd be fucking delighted but he's won it now. There is so much less pressure on him and so much more support and enjoyment. He's playing some great tennis and yes, his route has been kind but I do get fed up hearing how he can't beat the other big 3. He did it to win both his slam titles and I believe he has more to come.

Djokovic is some sort of super human, but he's beatable, particularly on grass. Fed is doing well, as he always does at Wimbledon but Warwinka is going to be a huge challenge for him.

I disagree that Murray's natural talent is grass. I think with his defensive style (though he has loosened that up somewhat) that his natural talent is for the hard courts where the ball plays slower. Makes it easier for a defensive player to keep the ball in play. It is no surprise to me that his first Slam came on hard courts and he has been in more hard court finals than any other (admittedly two of the Slams are on hard, but the ratio is greater too at 4 hard court slam finals to one grass).

He is playing in this Wimbledon with a lack of tension and seems to be very loose, which is making it easier for him to perform. He will tighten up a bit when he comes to face Djokovic though - for me, that particular match-up would be a coin flip !

Can a guy just mention a couple of young Canadians who are playing out of their skin and making history ...

Canada's Eugenie Bouchard is moving on to the women's singles final at Wimbledon.

She defeated Romania's Simona Halep 7-6 (5), 6-2 at the All England Club.

Bouchard, from Westmount, Que., is the first Canadian to reach a Grand Slam women's singles final in the Open era.

The 13th-seeded Canadian will next face sixth-seeded Petra Kvitova.

Kvitova beat fellow Czech left-hander Lucie Safarova 7-6 (6), 6-1 in the early semifinal.

Another Canadian is in the final four of the men's draw _ Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., will take on Switzerland's Roger Federer in semifinal play Friday.