You just cannot help yourself. Another snide comment towards fellow fans, you know full well who has helped out financially.

Let's separate the two parts of the sentence you highlight:

1. However a membership organisation with no membership fee really is meaningless This is a concept that is grasped by the RST for example who considered boosting their numbers by introducing free membership but rightly concluded that if they allowed all and sundry to sign up for nothing then the end result equally was nothing. Consider also Ibrox 1972 Ltd, not a membership scheme but lauded in much the same way. It cost nothing to sign up, the "commitment" was worthless in the event of the conditions not being fulfilled and even its biggest supporter on here admits that there was never any chance of that. So however many signed up, the number was meaningless.

2. and begs the question of who is funding their expenses and for what purpose? I do my best to deal in facts that I can prove and have been taken to task here before for stating as fact that Mr King didn't have any shares in newco when I did not know that to be a fact. Now I can guess that Mr King is funding SoS/UoF but I don't recall any public statement to that effect. So I don't know it to be a fact, perhaps you do. Secondly, I can guess that if Mr King is funding SoS/UoF then his reason might be to further his own bid for ownership of the Club; but here again I don't know this to be a fact and some might take issue with my supposition.

None of the above is a comment towards fellow fans, snide or otherwise.

Let's separate the two parts of the sentence you highlight:

1. However a membership organisation with no membership fee really is meaningless This is a concept that is grasped by the RST for example who considered boosting their numbers by introducing free membership but rightly concluded that if they allowed all and sundry to sign up for nothing then the end result equally was nothing. Consider also Ibrox 1972 Ltd, not a membership scheme but lauded in much the same way. It cost nothing to sign up, the "commitment" was worthless in the event of the conditions not being fulfilled and even its biggest supporter on here admits that there was never any chance of that. So however many signed up, the number was meaningless.

2. and begs the question of who is funding their expenses and for what purpose? I do my best to deal in facts that I can prove and have been taken to task here before for stating as fact that Mr King didn't have any shares in newco when I did not know that to be a fact. Now I can guess that Mr King is funding SoS/UoF but I don't recall any public statement to that effect. So I don't know it to be a fact, perhaps you do. Secondly, I can guess that if Mr King is funding SoS/UoF then his reason might be to further his own bid for ownership of the Club; but here again I don't know this to be a fact and some might take issue with my supposition.

None of the above is a comment towards fellow fans, snide or otherwise.

For someone who was/is involved with fans groups you don't seem to be privy to much information or at least you give that impression for some reason. I do not know if DK has given any monies to SOS but AS certainly did, to pay for cards, banners etc. I thought that was an open secret.

King funding fan groups......hahaha!

Follow them, do some research, not hard to find out where the cash for leaflets came from.

From memory, RSCs were in public claiming to be donators. No secret.

Few well Kent faces in the Blue Room too.

Edited by Stimpy

For someone who was/is involved with fans groups you don't seem to be privy to much information or at least you give that impression for some reason. I do not know if DK has given any monies to SOS but AS certainly did, to pay for cards, banners etc. I thought that was an open secret.

I am a member of RF, I don't hold any position in any fans group at present and am not privy to any such information. I certainly wasn't aware that Mr Smillie was a donor (assuming that is who you mean by AS?)

King funding fan groups......hahaha!

Follow them, do some research, not hard to find out where the cash for leaflets came from.

From memory, RSCs were in public claiming to be donators. No secret.

Few well Kent faces in the Blue Room too.

I am not interested in SoS or UoF, why would I do any research on them?

You said that I "know full well who has helped out financially." and I think you might concede now that I didn't know at all.

Would you now like to answer the first part of my reply?

You said that I "know full well who has helped out financially." and I think you might concede now that I didn't know at all.

Would you now like to answer the first part of my reply?

Answer? What's to answer? Just more criticism of people/organisations you say you have no interest in. Strange behaviour, as has been said by another poster there's pattern forming in your posts.

While I am uncertain of the purpose of this membership scheme, is it not just possible that the major source of alienation has been the recent and existing "custodians" of our club?

Oh, sure enough. But if I'm willing to change something in any meaningful way, I don't go out of my skin to publicly attack and/or abuse the board at every opportunity, no matter what opinion I have on them. It sure gives you a healthy following for starters, at least amongst the more volatile anti-boarderers. But is it in any way diplomatic or constructive? Will it in any way persuade those in power to start talking to you? Just look at what has happened to find the answer.

Just to reiterate ... this is no defense of the board or its actions. It is just applied common sense and works everywhere in life. (That said, if the SoS or UoF assume that a full-blooded war is their next best alternative, that does also work in real life. Usually a far less constructive way to work with people though.)