Normal statement from a group of people who lead another company. Do they feel the sympathy they speak of? Why not? Some folk should simply take of their "they are Anti-Christ incarnate" glasses every now and then.

You haven't specified who you're referring to on the thread here dB, so given that I posted early in thread, I feel compelled to reply to you along with the other folk replying to you.

What I would say to you about my own comments is that if we criticised the BBC and other media outlets for using imagery which portrayed our Club in a bad light, such as broken and shattered RFC crests, images of the Ibrox gates darkened by black clouds etc etc etc..... Why would it be deemed appropriate for our own Club to use imagery that clearly paints a picture of 'the shadow of Rangers'?

FWIW, I don't think this is the first time that imagery has been used on the Club website, but that's not the point. The point is that it shouldn't be used at all, so someone within the Club is either daft or taking the piss.

Given some of the Club statements we've endured recently, this one is pretty measured and appropriate.

By all means be cynical about whether some or all of the directors / owners actually give two hoots about what we've gone through, but the statement itself is ok.

As for the shadow image of the gates, well I can see what Zappa is getting at, but to be honest, I wouldn't have picked up on any negative connotations myself and can't get too worked up about it.

Putting aside the various actions of the board and animosity due to them, I can't really think how they could have responded in a "better" way. The tax case doesn't really have anything material to do with them and indeed led to their current positions at the club and the wealth that that has brought them. To overly celebrate it would have been very crass and a bit paradoxical. However, they really needed to acknowledge the victory and tip their hat to the fans, which is pretty much what they did.

As club statements go since SDM, this one is not too bad in my eyes.

Maybe, when Peter tells them to do so.

Remember these organisations were trying to strip titles. The credibility of both Rhegan and Doncaster is one damaged beyond repair. The UTTT judgement means both must now fall on their sword