John Smith did not approve of Rangers. I don't think he had a view on Celtic. In an earlier generation he would have been a Thirds follower. Perhaps his daughter grew up that way but her apparent recent associations will have done her no good.

That is the problem with so many Fan Groups, there are so many spokespersons (?).

I am not criticising anyone, just some are better in certain environments than others.

Houston should be ashamed of himself. That is not a representative of our support, that is a fool. Why did the BBC not pick someone who can string a coherent sentence together? Or even challenge extreme anti-Rangers views? I think we all know why. He was hand picked and fell for it. Shame on him.

He didn't come across well at all

We need a proper spokesperson to represent us on these things because say what you will about the other side, they spout the same message every time and thats why it is believed.

When we go on we say something different every time

He didn't come across well at all

We need a proper spokesperson to represent us on these things because say what you will about the other side, they spout the same message every time and thats why it is believed.

When we go on we say something different every time

The 'other side' can meet in the same room and speak on the same conference call without falling out every other day... :(

Until we stand behind those that are prepared to put themselves under the microscope rather than subject them to the most vile of intrusions, then we'll get the media rep we deserve. That's not to say we can't criticise such people fairly - but just refrain from the nonsense we've all seen written about the likes of Houston, Graham and others.

The 'other side' can meet in the same room and speak on the same conference call without falling out every other day... :(

Until we stand behind those that are prepared to put themselves under the microscope rather than subject them to the most vile of intrusions, then we'll get the media rep we deserve. That's not to say we can't criticise such people fairly - but just refrain from the nonsense we've all seen written about the likes of Houston, Graham and others.

I completely agree, but we need to be better organised for things like this and not so fractured it is a big reason why they get away with it.

I completely agree, but we need to be better organised for things like this and not so fractured it is a big reason why they get away with it.

Sure and this issue is just another symptom of the fan division disease infecting too many areas of our support.

This is where the Louden meeting the other week would have been interesting: i.e. selecting a core of 2-3 people capable and willing to represent us in the media. We stick to one person where appropriate and the others only agree to appearances/comments if person A is unavailable.

There is absolutely no reason why we can't select such a person between all the various factions.

Sure and this issue is just another symptom of the fan division disease infecting too many areas of our support.

This is where the Louden meeting the other week would have been interesting: i.e. selecting a core of 2-3 people capable and willing to represent us in the media. We stick to one person where appropriate and the others only agree to appearances/comments if person A is unavailable.

There is absolutely no reason why we can't select such a person between all the various factions.

For def there must be someone within our support who the majority respect and trust their opinion

For def there must be someone within our support who the majority respect and trust their opinion

There isn't.

We have so many cliques, groups, forums, all pulling in different directions that the above is an impossibility. The anonymity of the internet ensures this.

I have been present at many mass meetings of RSC leaders over the last few years, including chairing a couple, and by and large most Bears when you get them into a room will debate and not be too far away in their thoughts. We can and have enabled a concerted effort from the RSC's which ripple out to the rest of the match-going supporters on a number of issues, from "sectarian" singing to the march to Hampden and mostly all been on the same page. Take the debate online and you need a book full of pages to encapsulate opinion.

The only way to unite the Rangers fans is to shut down (or ignore) all the forums and only have public meetings for match-going supporters. The blow-hards who cause all the rumpus online don't ever turn up and shout at public meetings, nor do you ever see them at games. This is clearly unfair on the many thousands of overseas and unfortunate Bears who cannot attend and perhaps support the club by buying online subscriptions to watch the games, but it is what needs to happen IF we want a unified supporters action group.

In my opinion that has absolutely no chance of happening, and neither do we have any chance of uniting our support. Ever.

There isn't.

We have so many cliques, groups, forums, all pulling in different directions that the above is an impossibility. The anonymity of the internet ensures this.

I have been present at many mass meetings of RSC leaders over the last few years, including chairing a couple, and by and large most Bears when you get them into a room will debate and not be too far away in their thoughts. We can and have enabled a concerted effort from the RSC's which ripple out to the rest of the match-going supporters on a number of issues, from "sectarian" singing to the march to Hampden and mostly all been on the same page. Take the debate online and you need a book full of pages to encapsulate opinion.

The only way to unite the Rangers fans is to shut down (or ignore) all the forums and only have public meetings for match-going supporters. The blow-hards who cause all the rumpus online don't ever turn up and shout at public meetings, nor do you ever see them at games. This is clearly unfair on the many thousands of overseas and unfortunate Bears who cannot attend and perhaps support the club by buying online subscriptions to watch the games, but it is what needs to happen IF we want a unified supporters action group.

In my opinion that has absolutely no chance of happening, and neither do we have any chance of uniting our support. Ever.

I agree with you at times it seems the only thing our fans can agree on is to consistently disagree

The Hagg was brought in because she's the bitch of three names, the man who sold the lies.

Houston must have been told they would have someone to rebut his point of view, he was naive at best going onto a program without knowing what he was up against, instead of standing up and walking out, refusing to debate with a discredited journo's lackey, like a Rabbit he was caught in the headlights.

My worry is, how does the Hagg know HMRC will continue the appeal? this was the real shocker.