My worry is, how does the Hagg know HMRC will continue the appeal? this was the real shocker.

Alex Thomson, mad Phil, Haggarty & co have HMRC sources, just the same as the RTC blog & Pacific Quay CSC had HMRC sources.

It's a cosy (but not necessarily small) anti-Rangers cabal.

Alex Thomson, mad Phil, Haggarty & co have HMRC sources, just the same as the RTC blog & Pacific Quay CSC had HMRC sources.

It's a cosy (but not necessarily small) anti-Rangers cabal.

I doubt very much that she knows that HMRC will appeal or not.

It came out because it helped her delivery and efforts to sound convincing to a neutral/uninformed audience.

This was one of the things I referred to earlier in the thread.

The argument coming from Haggerty being more precise with detail but tripping itself up in a couple of places. This reflecting the Celtic-minded websites.
Edited by buster.

I agree with T4C. From the commentary surrounding the clip, it would appear she knew fine well she could slip in the appeal without fear of being forced to provide evidence from the approving panel, and without any knowledge or evidence of such an unlikely event.

I agree with T4C. From the commentary surrounding the clip, it would appear she knew fine well she could slip in the appeal without fear of being forced to provide evidence from the approving panel, and without any knowledge or evidence of such an unlikely event.

Media coverage during the ongoing saga has been characterised by ignorance, bullshit, a lack of 'homework', a lack of budget, willingness to publish copy as given to them by spindoctors. etc, etc.

There were times I felt like throwing my computer out of the window when the likes of Dodds and Spiers conversed on corporate matters.

:throwpc:

This has definately helped to keep the support confused and divided.

I doubt very much that she knows that HMRC will appeal or not.

It came out because it helped her delivery and efforts to sound convincing to a neutral/uninformed audience.

I think Pacific Quay CSC & also Alex Thomson at CH4 are their (Haggarty, mad Phil & co) direct links to information. Thomo was blogging yesterday about having spoken directly to HMRC about the case. Folk like Haggarty & mad Phil will have Thomson & certain folk at Pacific Quay on speed dial and they'll share information they get from HMRC contacts (and other contacts in RFC related scoops) amongst themselves and the rest of their cabal.

It's not that I think we should believe everything these Rangers haters say because they do get things wrong and talk shite at times, but there's no doubting the fact that Pacific Quay CSC and other MSM folk like Thomson do have numerous contacts leaking information to them and that info in turn gets leaked out to certain Sellik-minded bloggers.

I think Pacific Quay CSC & also Alex Thomson at CH4 are their (Haggarty, mad Phil & co) direct links to information. Thomo was blogging yesterday about having spoken directly to HMRC about the case. Folk like Haggarty & mad Phil will have Thomson & certain folk at Pacific Quay on speed dial and they'll share information they get from HMRC contacts (and other contacts in RFC related scoops) amongst themselves and the rest of their cabal.

It's not that I think we should believe everything these Rangers haters say because they do get things wrong and talk shite at times, but there's no doubting the fact that Pacific Quay CSC and other MSM folk like Thomson do have numerous contacts leaking information to them.

Yes, but I doubt that at this stage the HMRC have decided whether to appeal or not.

They may have had a 'steer' regards 'first impression' but that wouldn't correspond with what AH said.

I'd also mention that AH isn't a habitual guest on TV and is more liable to have taken a flyer to support her argument.

That said, the people you mention along with Roy Greenslade, Paul Holleran etc..... have of course been active regards Rangers and their telephone/e-mail records over the past couple of years (if at GCHQ) would be interesting to listen to/read.

Yes, but I doubt that at this stage the HMRC have decided whether to appeal or not.

They may have had a 'steer' regards 'first impression' but that wouldn't correspond with what AH said.

I'd also mention that AH isn't a habitual guest on TV and is more liable to have taken a flyer to support her argument.

That said, the people you mention along with Roy Greenslade have of course been active regards Rangers and their telephone/e-mail records over the past couple of years (if at GCHQ) would be interesting to listen to/read.

My guess is that the cabal's HMRC contacts have indicated that they WILL seek permission to appeal and continue certain parts/points of the case wherever they are able to. They've been pursuing this case against Rangers for 10 years, so I can't see them completely closing it now until they've exhausted every possible avenue or until a higher authority orders them to stop wasting their time and tax-payers money.

Certain aspects of the case have been referred back to the FTT by Lord Doherty anyway, so the case is still essentially open.

My guess is that the cabal's HMRC contacts have indicated that they WILL seek permission to appeal and continue certain parts/points of the case wherever they are able to. They've been pursuing this case against Rangers for 10 years, so I can't see them completely closing it now until they've exhausted every possible avenue or until a higher authority orders them to stop wasting their time and tax-payers money.

Certain aspects of the case have been referred back to the FTT by Lord Doherty anyway, so the case is still essentially open.

Very possibly.

We only have to wait for 3 weeks or so before we know if they'll appeal it.

I think CH usually speaks quite well actually but I think someone like Chris Graham may have been better.

Over the last ten years or so Chris and David Edgar have been by far the best media guys.

Craig was out of his comfort zone last night. I have loads of time for Craig and speak regularly with him, but Dingwall, Chris or even Edgar would have taken Haggarty to task and the BBC. Craig's strength is in protest and rallying bears, the others are more suitable for that type of environment.

Let's not forget that the anchor Sarah Smith was the longtime erstwhile colleague of both Alex Thomson and Stuart Cosgrove.

The not in this building claim was ludicrous, where else was this written? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17628749

Smith couldn't even get her intro right and claimed that we'd been stripped of titles.

An absolute joke of a show.

Edited by Mountain Bear
typo