Poll for the Venue for the Second Semi Annual Gersnet Dinner

What is your preferred venue for the 2nd Gersnet Dinner?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred venue for the 2nd Gersnet Dinner?

• Malaga Tapas
    • Somewhere Else

The poll resulted in a narrow win for 27/09/2014 v Hibernian, with the obvious caveat of moving to Sunday if required. As was proven last time, even if an early kick-off is unpalatable to some from a football point of view it gave us a nice comfortable afternoon/ early evening to eat and drink; so in some ways I'd be hopeful of an early kick off again.

In the first instance I'm only going to put up two options: going back to Malaga Tapas http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186534-d1087980-Reviews-Malaga_Tapas-Glasgow_Scotland.html or "somewhere else".

In order not to appear biased, I will say only that I have confirmed that Cristobal would be happy to have us back; but it is entirely up to you guys if you want to go back or somewhere else.

If you wish to go somewhere else then please post a suggestion and I will do a second poll.

Unless there is a landslide one way or the other, I'll keep the poll open till the end of the month, so that everyone who is on holiday gets a chance to vote.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

If it were to be anywhere else, where could it be? What are the possibilities with a short taxi ride from the stadium? The only 2 i can think of are Harry Ramsdens and La Fiorentina.

My only concern with the Malaga Tapas was the size of the place, i felt a little cramped and if more people go to this one which i hope they do then space may be a concern. The food and company however were excellent.

If it were to be anywhere else, where could it be? What are the possibilities with a short taxi ride from the stadium? The only 2 i can think of are Harry Ramsdens and La Fiorentina.

My only concern with the Malaga Tapas was the size of the place, i felt a little cramped and if more people go to this one which i hope they do then space may be a concern. The food and company however were excellent.

You are correct there are not many alternatives.

IF we do go back to Malaga Tapas, then I would suggest a better route might be along Dumbreck, left at Nithsdale Road, and then left and all the way down St Andrews Drive. In my experience most of the traffic is going the other way on Nithsdale Road and the junction at St Andrews Drive clears quickly and then it's a free flow down towards Shields Rd. The PRW route, although shorter in theory, was a nightmare last time, despite the taxi I was in dodging in and out of the traffic and round the side streets.

Cristobal will give us the cafe he has acquired and fitted out very nicely next door if we want or need more space (and will give it to us exclusively if we get the numbers). In fact he offered that last time but the decision was made by the film crew because the main restaurant was more atmospheric. He reckons 20-30 for the cafe in order to create a decent atmosphere. If we get the same dozen or so as last time then my personal opinion is that the main restaurant would be best.

Please vote on the assumption that the accommodation will depend on the numbers.