RANGERS are pleased to announce match ticket pricing for home games in the new SPFL Championship season.

There are two categories of games for the 18 league matches played at Ibrox next season. Category A games are league matches against Hearts and Hibs, while games featuring the other seven teams in the division are in the Category B classification.

Match ticket pricing for Category B games range from £17 to £29 for adults, £12 to £20 for concessions and £5 to £6 for juniors. Category A prices range from £21 to £33 for adults, £15 to £23 for concessions and £5 to £8 for juniors.

Tickets for the first two games of the season – the Petrofac Training Cup tie with Hibs on Tuesday August 5 and the first league game of the season at home to Hearts on Sunday August 10, will go on sale online and via the Ticket Hotline from Friday July 18 with the Rangers Ticket Centre beginning to sell from Monday July 21.

Matchday ticket prices are between 5 and 8% higher than the price of the equivalent Season Tickets for Ibrox next season.

Rangers Chief Executive Graham Wallace said: “The new match ticket pricing structure provides excellent value for money in what promises to be the most competitive league in Scottish football next season.

“Our policy is to keep tickets as affordable as possible – especially for junior supporters – while reflecting the increased standard of football our fans can expect with visits from both Edinburgh clubs the highlights of the fixture calendar.”

“The excitement is building for the new campaign and everybody here is raring to go.”

The Club is making special access arrangements to allow supporters to use the Ticket Centre while Ibrox is being prepared for, and then de-rigs after, the Commonwealth Games Rugby Sevens. The Ticket Centre will be closed for the two days of the rugby competition on Saturday July 26 and Sunday July 27. Tickets can still be purchased on those days via the Club website or Ticket Hotline.

The Club has produced a ‘Questions and Answers’ document that will provide supporters with most of the information they require about buying tickets.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE Q&A DOCUMENT

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7180-rangers-announce-ticket-pricing

Champions League prices for second tier Scottish fayre that'll drag the punters in.

A crude attempt to boost season ticket sales which will probably backfire.

In all probability they'd be as well closing the Club Deck for most games this coming season.

Is it just me or does that seem awfully steep? Upto £33 for a first division game.

It does seem so.

However, I assume that that will be for seats near the half way line and I understand that the pricing is more graduated than in the past.

I got a move to the Main Front, very near the Directors Box and it's £490, so £27.22 per game. Plus 8% would be give you the £29 and presumably then a 10% premium for the Cat A games.

My existing seat in the MRE was going to be £460, £25.61 per game so presumably +8% would now be £27 or £28 and then about £30 for Cat A.

I strongly support the principal of match day tickets being more expensive than pro rata the ST's; it has been the opposite up until now and that defied all logic (even given that it guaranteed you, your own seat).

Edited by BrahimHemdani
)