Not sure if there is a better place to post this question.

I almost always use my laptop at home for Gersnet and sometimes my office pc, rarely my phone.

However I have used my Samsung Galaxy S4 very occasionally on the bus but don't find it easy to read or respond that way.

When I use the phone I get messages about downloading Tapatalk and have heard it mentioned a few times on the site.

What is it exactly and in what way would it enhance my Gersnet phone experience?

Its an app that effectively provides the user with an interface that better reflects a forum, as opposed to the way which a mobile device can display the web page. For example if i use my phone (Sony Xperia Z2) to come onto Gersnet, taking into account screen size, touch screen interface etc. it can be quite awkward to view threads and post easily.

What Tapatalk does is support a forum format which makes viewing and posting a lot more straight forward.

Edit - I would say if you plan on using your phone, then its worth giving Tapatalk a try. I used of for a while but found that i rarely used it given i work with a laptop all day and have a laptop at home too. For Phones and Tablet devices, i found it easier to use with Gersnet.

Edited by True_Ger_1872
Additional Comment

Im the same as BH, I use laptops at home and work and I take them travelling. however last weekend I made a short trip to Cambodia and only took my phone. Previously Ive had Blackberry for 5 years and couldn't get onto the forum but with the Sony Z1 compact I logged into the forum and was offered tapatalk which I didn't opt for. But I still found using the Z1 good for brief reading so I wont need tapatalk.

Im the same as BH, I use laptops at home and work and I take them travelling. however last weekend I made a short trip to Cambodia and only took my phone. Previously Ive had Blackberry for 5 years and couldn't get onto the forum but with the Sony Z1 compact I logged into the forum and was offered tapatalk which I didn't opt for. But I still found using the Z1 good for brief reading so I wont need tapatalk.

Good to hear it was just a short trip to Cambodia; trust you got back safe and well.

Thanks for advice.

It's push service.. so helps drain the battery depends how much you value your 'multiple' forum daily hits

That's the only draw back I see.

I use it and do like it :)

Tapatalk drains the battery?

Significantly?