Tapatalk drains the battery?

Significantly?

Have read that push services like CNN News and email are big battery drainers assume Tapatalk comes into that category as well, though I don't understand what information it is pushing through?

I use most of the tips in the articles below. Like the sound of the battery management app; haven't tried it yet, although there's a certain contradiction in installing an app to save juice on others, I suppose it depends how well it works.

I just wish the manufacturers would put as much effort into extending battery life as they do on the phones themselves.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/10-battery-boosting-tips-for-the-galaxy-s4-1177372/1#articleContent

http://www.androidcentral.com/top-tips-saving-battery-life-samsung-galaxy-s4

Basically it's because of size. They can't make Lithium batteries small enough yet to last longer than a day or two.

Try to make sure any non-essential apps are turned off to minimise power use. Generally I only need to charge my phone once a day for a couple of hours which is acceptable enough to me.

Good to hear it was just a short trip to Cambodia; trust you got back safe and well.

Thanks for advice.

Wish it was longer! awesome awesome place and I intend on moving there.

Nice to see im not the only 2001 internet bloke though :thup:

The Moto E and Moto G phones run into problems if the battery is completely drained. I read online you shouldn't ever drain a mobile's battery and nor should you fully charge it.

Most of what I've read says don't charge unnecessarily but run down to about 20% or wherever you're at end of day; BUT let it go right down every so often and fully recharge. I'm sure one of the geeks on here will have the technical explanation for that advice.

I leave my phone charging all night. Probably the worst thing you can do and I always have my laptop with me at work so not sure why I do it. I go through battery quickly though because I listen to Spotify all day when working.

I'm on call 1 week a month so don't ever want to risk my phone running out.

Basically it's because of size. They can't make Lithium batteries small enough yet to last longer than a day or two.

Try to make sure any non-essential apps are turned off to minimise power use. Generally I only need to charge my phone once a day for a couple of hours which is acceptable enough to me.

A genuine case of size matters then?