Ally McCoist commented: “This initiative is a fantastic way for our fans to get closer than ever to their Club.

You have to wonder if it's a coincidence that this comes at a time when tens of thousands of our fans haven't renewed their season tickets because they feel more detached than ever from their Club and don't trust the people running it.

Poor - has to be said.

I also wonder about the Fans Board aspect of this. They have clearly linked the two ideas together but I do wonder if the Fans Board will be privvy to as much as the Football and PLC Boards are. And if so, i assume they will be required to stick to the strict LSE rules that Wallace et al like to mention all the time. So, either way - whats the actual point?

Glass-half-empty Loyal!

I also wonder about the Fans Board aspect of this. They have clearly linked the two ideas together but I do wonder if the Fans Board will be privvy to as much as the Football and PLC Boards are. And if so, i assume they will be required to stick to the strict LSE rules that Wallace et al like to mention all the time. So, either way - whats the actual point?

There is absolutely no way any new 'fans board' will have access to the same info as the Club & PLC boards, no chance whatsoever.

You only need to look at the extreme lengths forlanssister had to go to in order to get access to simple contractual information which he was legally entitled to have access to as a shareholder to see that this whole fans board concept is most likely nothing more than a big fat ruse.

You have to wonder if it's a coincidence that this comes at a time when tens of thousands of our fans haven't renewed their season tickets because they feel more detached than ever from their Club and don't trust the people running it.

Well they haven't renewed once they were up for renewal since ... April. Now it is end of July, months after the ST renewal started and the board had this large scale fan survey as well. If they would not turn the fan survey into something, they would get slated for a hoax and smokescreen event. An event that hasn't been done with Rangers supporters since I can remember ... but anyway. Now that they actually turn this survey into a fan board - as they said they would - and lo and behold before the season where it takes affect starts, they get slated ... nah, let's say questioned too? They obviously want to get as many people joining up, or, even better, sign a ST. Which company would not? Whether anything will come of it remains to be seen.

Generally ... I for one would hope that people would not start another attempt at factionalising the support and throw shyte at anything they do and likewise essentially at those souls who try to change something with that fan board or help the club in a way the see fit, be it club membership or buying a ST. There is no one best way to get Rangers forward and there should be respect for all who have Rangers at heart, board sceptic or not.

Well they haven't renewed once they were up for renewal since ... April. Now it is end of July, months after the ST renewal started and the board had this large scale fan survey as well. If they would not turn the fan survey into something, they would get slated for a hoax and smokescreen event. An event that hasn't been done with Rangers supporters since I can remember ... but anyway. Now that they actually turn this survey into a fan board - as they said they would - and lo and behold before the season where it takes affect starts, they get slated ... nah, let's say questioned too? They obviously want to get as many people joining up, or, even better, sign a ST. Which company would not? Whether anything will come of it remains to be seen.

Personally, I'm 100% in favour of both a worthwhile Club membership scheme and a fan board, but with the caveat that a suitable (and rightfully elected!) member of a fan board are also appointed to the Club & PLC boards. Have we seen any mention of that though? No. Why? Is it because there's no intention of the fans truly having a voice in the running of the club? Answers on a postcard/...

Generally ... I for one would hope that people would not start another attempt at factionalising the support and throw shyte at anything they do and likewise essentially at those souls who try to change something with that fan board or help the club in a way the see fit, be it club membership or buying a ST. There is no one best way to get Rangers forward and there should be respect for all who have Rangers at heart, board sceptic or not.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and start (or continue?) patronising people for voicing their opinions in an honest manner.

the fan survey was rigged to produce this scheme.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves and start (or continue?) patronising people for voicing their opinions in an honest manner.

Come on, you get the OP giving the facts and after that it is essentially the same old anti-board mantra that we have had for months, ranging from sarcasm to cynicism, be it here or on FF. A more level-headed approach* - not least when it comes to fellow supporters trying to change things (if only a little) - would do good here.

*Well, that might be read as accusing some locals of being not "level-headed" and thus patronising indeed. You see, while people can very well have their very own opinions on certain matters, they should still be able to take a step back and try look at the picture from another angle. And that is a capability you rarely find these days ... and which I bemoaned on occasion. Instead, the board-sceptics (to put it mildly) continue their drive no matter what on any matter concerning the company/board and thus - willingly or not - widening the gulf within the support. Is that well within their rights of freedom of opinion and speech or does it stretch it somewhat? IMHO, the board-sceptics are rather adapt in telling those who do not belong to their ilk how things have to be - and rather forcefully so.

"This initiative is a fantastic way for our fans to get closer than ever to their Club". Do you not think it would be more appropriate if it was the other way around i.e. the club trying to get closer to the fans? The benefits on offer leave me absolutely cold. As an overseas based bear, I have wrestled with the dilemma of how to support the club, rather than the shareholders and had hoped that membership would enable a fans representative on to the football board, at the very least, to put across our concerns. I look at this 'offer' and see it for what it is, a money making gimmick.