Come on, you get the OP giving the facts and after that it is essentially the same old anti-board mantra that we have had for months, ranging from sarcasm to cynicism, be it here or on FF. A more level-headed approach* - not least when it comes to fellow supporters trying to change things (if only a little) - would do good here.

*Well, that might be read as accusing some locals of being not "level-headed" and thus patronising indeed. You see, while people can very well have their very own opinions on certain matters, they should still be able to take a step back and try look at the picture from another angle. And that is a capability you rarely find these days ... and which I bemoaned on occasion. Instead, the board-sceptics (to put it mildly) continue their drive no matter what on any matter concerning the company/board and thus - willingly or not - widening the gulf within the support. Is that well within their rights of freedom of opinion and speech or does it stretch it somewhat? IMHO, the board-sceptics are rather adapt in telling those who do not belong to their ilk how things have to be - and rather forcefully so.

Gersnet is extremely lucky to have someone with your infinite wisdom aboard.

"This initiative is a fantastic way for our fans to get closer than ever to their Club". Do you not think it would be more appropriate if it was the other way around i.e. the club trying to get closer to the fans? The benefits on offer leave me absolutely cold. As an overseas based bear, I have wrestled with the dilemma of how to support the club, rather than the shareholders and had hoped that membership would enable a fans representative on to the football board, at the very least, to put across our concerns. I look at this 'offer' and see it for what it is, a money making gimmick.

Without the ability to attend a game then any financial input will be for no product or perhaps a juicy dividend some day lol.

In all this dilema about boycott or no boycott etc i dont want to benefit this board etc its worth remembering that buying a ticket is not the same as investing money in shares etc. you buy a ticket to see a show. You would be hard pressed to argue that a fair proportion of your ticket price is not being spent on the team. So how much of your ticket money is going into a " s@#v pocket?

Are you getting value for your ticket money. That is another question! I' m not going back until i see a vast improvement in the football.

Membership scheme? Unless you want to be part of the voting process for the new fan board the benefits are not that enticing. At 25 quid a pop we are not talking megabucks income for the club unless there was a 50000 uptake, which is unlikely in current climate. Because there is no seemingly direct benefit from your financial input then you could argue that this money could go into someones pocket. Db makes a valid point. No matter what they do now it's going to be slaughtered, if they do nothing the same...

I have been in favour of a club membership scheme for ages, unfortunately it had to come into force under the present regime. So i wont be joining just yet, definitely down the line though when the club is under the control of more Bear friendly custodians.

I have been in favour of a club membership scheme for ages, unfortunately it had to come into force under the present regime. So i wont be joining just yet, definitely down the line though when the club is under the control of more Bear friendly custodians.

I think in a general sense, a membership scheme has merit - even one that does need a fee.

However, as yet. I'm not sure this one is inclusive enough to warrant backing. We simply don't know enough about the mechanisms involved to support it.

Come on, you get the OP giving the facts and after that it is essentially the same old anti-board mantra that we have had for months, ranging from sarcasm to cynicism, be it here or on FF. A more level-headed approach* - not least when it comes to fellow supporters trying to change things (if only a little) - would do good here.

*Well, that might be read as accusing some locals of being not "level-headed" and thus patronising indeed. You see, while people can very well have their very own opinions on certain matters, they should still be able to take a step back and try look at the picture from another angle. And that is a capability you rarely find these days ... and which I bemoaned on occasion. Instead, the board-sceptics (to put it mildly) continue their drive no matter what on any matter concerning the company/board and thus - willingly or not - widening the gulf within the support. Is that well within their rights of freedom of opinion and speech or does it stretch it somewhat? IMHO, the board-sceptics are rather adapt in telling those who do not belong to their ilk how things have to be - and rather forcefully so.

You could always try practicing what you preach, just saying like!

Yet again you've left me speechless dB, absolutely speechless.

I think in a general sense, a membership scheme has merit - even one that does need a fee.

However, as yet. I'm not sure this one is inclusive enough to warrant backing. We simply don't know enough about the mechanisms involved to support it.

Definitely nothing wrong with a fee-based membership scheme in principal and if anything, I'd have thought that the fee could be significantly higher than £25, especially if such a scheme is to be taken seriously. The £25 fee is less than a week's membership in a good fitness center, so the benefits on offer are paltry.

The success of any such scheme requires it to be extremely well designed, to the extent that it's almost perfect and this one simply doesn't fit the bill.

Not only that, but as aweebluesoandso demonstrates perfectly, the success of any such scheme also requires almost complete trust in the regime running the show at Ibrox and sadly, trust is something totally amiss at the moment.

The more I think about this, it's actually making me feel a bit angry because they're getting this monumentally wrong.