There's no breach of the regulations Zappa:

UEFA will no doubt try to wriggle out of it on the technicality you've highlighted, but I think most people reading those regulations would agree that they are worded in a way which suggests extremely serious cases such as expelling a team from the competition should be decisions which are made by at least 3 members.

That isn't mentioned in their statement either.

Not directly but I think the implication is clear enough:

"We understand that acting under the pressure of time and circumstances, the Chairman of the Uefa Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body literally applied Art. 21.02 of the Uefa Disciplinary Regulations.

BTW the full statement is at the foot of the BBC article, not that it's an issue at all, the statement is the statement wherever it came from and no doubt it was on Legia's own site first.

http://legia.com/news,43009-publications_about_the_legia_vs_celtic_case_for_international_media.html

Cheers. Haven't seen anything about it being part of Legia's appeal.

Read the first sentence of the appeal section you quoted again. The appeal specifically suggests that they know it was only the Chairman who made the decision "under the pressure of time and circumstances".

I'll have to try to find the article my brother was talking about because I'm sure he said UEFA had admitted that the decision was made by one man.

They could and should have found a way to take more time over such a massive decision because the rushed decision made was absolute insanity.

As has been pointed out on numerous occasions, it wasn't a massive decision at all. Legia admitted to not following the correct procedures, UEFA gave them the only sanction open to them as per the rules. It was a rubber-stamp job.

UEFA will no doubt try to wriggle out of it on the technicality you've highlighted, but I think most people reading those regulations would agree that they are worded in a way which suggests extremely serious cases such as expelling a team from the competition should be decisions which are made by at least 3 members.

I agree with you on that but it would have been up to the Chair to determine whether or not he felt the need to have colleagues join in the decision making process. I think there would be two issues at least in his mind:

1. The seriousness and implications of the decision, and

2. The degree of difficulty in making the decision

Whilst undoubtedly it was a very serious issue, he may have felt that it was clear cut under the rules so no need to involve anyone else.

If it had been me, I might have tried to get the draw put back an hour or two so as to at least have a video or teleconference discussion (and we don't know for sure that that is not what happened).

As it is he has left himself open to criticism which he could easily have deflected.

Sometimes having the authority to act and acting aren't the best bedfellows.

(Oh and for the benefit of my good friend Mr Anchorman; this is an area where I do have considerable experience, albeit at a much lower level in football but also in Financial Services Tribunals, so I do feel qualified to give an objective opinion :D)

Read the first sentence of the appeal section you quoted again. The appeal specifically suggests that they know it was only the Chairman who made the decision "under the pressure of time and circumstances".

I'll have to try to find the article my brother was talking about because I'm sure he said UEFA had admitted that the decision was made by one man.

I read it fine the first time.

They infer that that the Chairman made the decision he did because of being rushed. They then list the points which the appeal is based upon. Neither of them are to do with the Disciplinary Body breaking their own rules.

Perhaps there is a fuller version of their statement which goes in to those specifics?

As has been pointed out on numerous occasions, it wasn't a massive decision at all. Legia admitted to not following the correct procedures, UEFA gave them the only sanction open to them as per the rules. It was a rubber-stamp job.

There's absolutely no way that a team who've won two consecutive qualifying rounds of the CL 6-1 aggregate in both cases should be treated with the contempt of one muppet at UEFA ejecting them from the competition with a rubber stamp because of a small clerical/secretarial error.

There should always be room for maneuver in rules & regs when it comes to matters as serious as teams being ejected from competitions. If the Chairman at the disciplinary body genuinely disagrees with that, then he should have his rubber stamp firmly rammed up his arse.

I read it fine the first time.

They infer that that the Chairman made the decision he did because of being rushed. They then list the points which the appeal is based upon. Neither of them are to do with the Disciplinary Body breaking their own rules.

Perhaps there is a fuller version of their statement which goes in to those specifics?

I've already explained that I was relaying second hand info, but BH has shown us the section of the regs where UEFA have a get-out clause for one man making decisions. As I said to BH though, the way the regs are worded also clearly suggests that serious matters and decisions should normally be dealt with by at least 3 members.