RANGERS have moved to re-sign keeper Lee Robinson – five years after he quit the club.

Manager Ally McCoist is in talks to land the 28-year-old, who is a free agent after leaving Raith Rovers at the end of last season.

Robinson, who has also had spells at Kilmarnock, Queen of the South and Swedish outfit FK Ostersunds since departing Ibrox in 2009, is mulling over a one-year contract offer to provide cover for first-choice keeper Cammy Bell.

Bell will be out for two weeks after fears that he had dislocated his shoulder and needed surgery were allayed.

Veteran Steve Simonsen has been deputising but McCoist believes Robinson can eventually push Bell for the No 1 spot.

McCoist’s hopes of doing further business this month could hinge on fringe players Sebastien Faure and Arnold Peralta being moved on.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/501685/EXCLUSIVE-Lee-Robinson-offered-Rangers-return

Not exactly what any youth keeper would want to read ... but a rather predictable move. Anyone know how Robinson's quality is these days?

(NB: remind yourself that we supposedly had a player on trial a few weeks back and went ballistic about this, only for the club to deny that it was actually the case ... )

Not exactly what any youth keeper would want to read ... but a rather predictable move. Anyone know how Robinson's quality is these days?

(NB: remind yourself that we supposedly had a player on trial a few weeks back and went ballistic about this, only for the club to deny that it was actually the case ... )

We didn't have Lappin on trial no, but we did have Killie reject Bouzid who is 10 times worse.

Robinson looked quite good any time he played against us.

Over and above that though, I think someone is playing funny buggers here with all these leaks and trials. Someone is trying to make a point...

Robinson looked quite good any time he played against us.

Over and above that though, I think someone is playing funny buggers here with all these leaks and trials. Someone is trying to make a point...

if it is to make our fans question our signing policy then i hope they keep doing it. But I suspect there will be more to it than that.......

Getting ridiculous now.

A keeper who's put us out of two Challenge Cups stopping our shots for the opposition (QotS at Ibrox & Raith at Easter Rd)

The ridiculous thing was allowing him to come back to Murray Park to train and use our facilities in the run ups to Cup games he was set to play against us in.

A keeper who's put us out of two Challenge Cups stopping our shots for the opposition (QotS at Ibrox & Raith at Easter Rd)

The ridiculous thing was allowing him to come back to Murray Park to train and use our facilities in the run ups to Cup games he was set to play against us in.

Didnt know that. Looks like we are a rehab for goalies. Provided training etc for craig gordon who walks into champ league footy with them. I used to weep but now i just care a little less!