He will have been well aware what role he was there to play. He has lied on more than one occasion - he's no innocent.

Bottomline

He's been willingly used as an increasinly less credible front for the sp.ivs in exchange for hundreds of thousands of pounds.

His remit has included misleading, not telling the truth and no independence.

Standard Sp.iv Practise at Ibrox.

Wallace = SP.IVS Patsy

Thread of mine from FF back on the 20th of December, last year

Beware the Campaign to put Wallace on a Pedestal !

Pedestals have been bad for the Rangers support.

One of the PR methods used against us has been to promote X, Y or Z and have us treat them without due scrutiny and critical thought as to what they say, propose or do.

Once the spot on the pedestal is secured, the person will be used when necessary to push whatever line/message or sell whatever ticket/share and because he is revered and/or trusted it will become 'law' within popular opinion within the support.

Over the years, this has taken very different guises and different levels of deception.

We were deceived by the same Mediahouse still at the club, who helped secure the pedestal for Charles Green. Once perched upon it, he used it to the full and had his way with us.

We must be careful not to put Graham Wallace on a pedestal and accept his and the boards word automatically without due vigilance.

Up until now I have heard a lot of positive noise about Wallace from all sides. But I haven't seen actions by Wallace to justify them thus far.

Let me be clear, I don't think Wallace is another Green.

I recognize his CV, football experience and that he articulates himself well.

But I don't yet see any actions or meaningful words.

It must be recognized that for him to live up to the picture being painted he's going to have to 'rock the boat' in a significant manner, that won't be easy. His interviews pre AGM were pretty much towing the board line, ie. going with Jack Irvine's instructions.

Beware the campaign that will attempt to put Wallace on that pedestal to become the acceptable face and voice of the board.

We need real meaningful and positive action, not soundbites, moobeams and lies.

Things have developed a little differently in that the board split (a while ago) and GW is not on the Blue Pitch side and is in an uncomfortable position. However he still fronts in a less than honest way.