if they're unsuitable(and I'm not saying they're not) then get shot off them. How to do that without destroying the clubfor many years to come is the key question.

If I had the answer I wouldn't be wasting my time on internet forums. ;)

Those that do feel they have an answer clearly believe the best method is to pressurise the owners into a sale in order to cut their losses. As compo says, that's a dangerous tactic but in the absence of alternatives I'm not sure what else concerned fans can do.

We should not be emotionally blackmailed that's for sure.

this is my opinion , it wont be long until either the stadium or training ground is sold then leased back and the board will simply lay the blame at the feet of the fans for not buying season books and merchandise I fear the fans are playing into the boards hands .

My opinion is that they will eventually do what you say no matter what the support does now or in the future. That being the case, a quick end to their reign will be less costly and with no lingering pain.

My opinion is that they will eventually do what you say no matter what the support does now or in the future. That being the case, a quick end to their reign will be less costly and with no lingering pain.

and how do you propose to bring about 'a quick end to their reign' as you say?

another administration would be catastrophic IMO.

And who would your new owners be ?

and how do you propose to bring about 'a quick end to their reign' as you say?

another administration would be catastrophic IMO.

And who would your new owners be ?

The low attendances are doing the job. The new owners could be the same owners as we have now if they have it planned that way. It would be up to the support to ensure that wasn't an option for them.

The low attendances are doing the job. The new owners could be the same owners as we have now if they have it planned that way. It would be up to the support to ensure that wasn't an option for them.

So you really just want to replace the incumbent board with another board of your choice. But shareholders remain same?

Would that be the likes of Paul Murray & Malcolm Murray ? Dave King?

Isnt that what the likes of the SoS & UoF have wanted all along?

What makes you think they'd do a better job? Malcolm Murray for example was chairman when we were blowing millions in SFL3.

What makes you think they'd do a better job? Malcolm Murray for example was chairman when we were blowing millions in SFL3.

It's not the Chairman's job to run the day-to-day business.

Like Somers at the moment, Malcolm Murray won't even have been in Glasgow most of the time.

Blowing millions in the 3rd Division/4th tier was purely the responsibility of Chuck, Ahmad, Stockbridge & their pals.

So you really just want to replace the incumbent board with another board of your choice. But shareholders remain same?

Would that be the likes of Paul Murray & Malcolm Murray ? Dave King?

Isnt that what the likes of the SoS & UoF have wanted all along?

No, and I really don't see how you would get that from what I posted. There is no way that any of those you mentioned would get anywhere near the board while the controlling shareholders remain.

My prediction and that shared by many others is, if the share option fails to reach the 75% buy in, the fans will be blamed for not buying enough ST and putting the directors in this position, then the shareholders will be blamed for not bailing them out and the outcome will be "we needed to do a deal on the training ground/ cheap deal on naming rights to get us out of trouble, we are a good shiny new board"*

Well yes Craig that was the kinda obvious outcome predicted by many as you were hatching your st boycott plan. It was a muddle, neither fish nor fowl. The call was dont buy st but go game by game. St sales down but not a fatal blow in june and game by game numbers not materialising. Result is a slow lingering death. The only way to bring this to a showdown conclusion was a full boycott of everything. Problem with that was the risk of what this mob would actually leave behind to salvage. It looks like king et al gambled that they would walk by now with a deal in the bag. Its not the fans to blame for the mess we are in but be aware that it is possible you played into their hands ..

In other words BH, when you factor in the price increases, then the drop in ticket revenue per month compared to last season is probably in the region of £150k to £200k.

Given that prices have risen 15%-20% then compared with last season, 23,000 current St holders would equate to about 26,500 - 27,500 last season, lets say 27,000 for the sake of argument. So that would mean a loss of almost exactly 25% compared with last season in monetary terms. That might mean that your "loss" is around £3.3m rather than £4.5m, so perhaps £350,000 -£360,000 per month for 9 months.

However, that isn't the way the club would look at it. They will see the loss of revenue as simply 10,000 less fans at current prices, not compared with last season's prices. After all the point was made that after the 33% reduction in 2012 there was no increase in 2013 and an increase was required this year. The assumption would be, I think rightly or wrongly that the increase in prices would feed through to an increase in revenue, not make up for falling sales. The budget, assuming there was one, would be based on last season's sales (or perhaps even more as per the statement in the accounts) at this season's prices, so the downturn in sales will be all the more acute in revenue terms.

My prediction and that shared by many others is, if the share option fails to reach the 75% buy in, the fans will be blamed for not buying enough ST and putting the directors in this position, then the shareholders will be blamed for not bailing them out and the outcome will be "we needed to do a deal on the training ground/ cheap deal on naming rights to get us out of trouble, we are a good shiny new board"*

Well yes Craig that was the kinda obvious outcome predicted by many as you were hatching your st boycott plan. It was a muddle, neither fish nor fowl. The call was dont buy st but go game by game. St sales down but not a fatal blow in june and game by game numbers not materialising. Result is a slow lingering death. The only way to bring this to a showdown conclusion was a full boycott of everything. Problem with that was the risk of what this mob would actually leave behind to salvage. It looks like king et al gambled that they would walk by now with a deal in the bag. Its not the fans to blame for the mess we are in but be aware that it is possible you played into their hands ..

Fortunately I don't think that Mr Houston's prediction is going to come true but otherwise I agree with you.

The major problem right now for the Club is that insufficient numbers are turning up game by game (except Hearts) to make up for the shortfall in ST sales.