He may very well not be able to.

If he was genuinely interested in taking over Rangers he would have some sort of shareholding by now instead of coming up with excuses.The fact he hasn't along with what he told our incumbent board about being the 'last resort' as it was his kids inheritance tells you all you need to know. He ain't coming. Get over it.

If he was genuinely interested in taking over Rangers he would have some sort of shareholding by now instead of coming up with excuses.The fact he hasn't along with what he told our incumbent board about being the 'last resort' as it was his kids inheritance tells you all you need to know. He ain't coming. Get over it.

With the news tonight that another possible revenue stream has gone a begging i can't see anyone being interested.

Anyone who bought shares at 70p and above was a fool - they were conned.

Not those i may add that manged to get an "onerous contract" as kickback.

With the news tonight that another possible revenue stream has gone a begging i can't see anyone being interested.

Anyone who bought shares at 70p and above was a fool - they were conned.

Not those i may add that manged to get an "onerous contract" as kickback.

Looks like Rab's preferred saviour is riding to the rescue. What a kindhearted chap he is.

1. Not hire yet another suit for the PR department.
  2. Get rid of all the players that the manager had no intention of using.
  3. Not buy any more players for an already bloated squad.
  4. Get in the investment that was claimed to be available.
  5. Refrain from lying to the support about there being enough cash until season end.
  6. Manage to read from the same script where the threat of administration was concerned.

I'm positive that there are plenty more that I have missed.

1. Agreed
  2. How could they have done that without paying them off?
  3. Agreed
  4. I think that it became unavailable due to changing circumstances but I may well be wrong.
  5. My understanding is that that was based on false information supplied by Stockbridge.
  6. Perhaps so

But none of that would have reduced costs.

I think we're probably both getting way too far into the realms of speculation with these ticket revenue projections because nobody at this point in time has any idea what the average ticket sales per match are going to be over the course of the season never mind what the overall revenue from those sales is going to be.

The bottom line though, is that this new board which was very purposely assembled in November before the AGM in December has categorically failed to notably cut the Club's cost base as Wallace immediately said was needed when he arrived and repeated numerous times in interviews and statements after his appointment.

Not only that, but they also knew almost immediately after their appointments, that they were going to need to bring in significant investment to see the Club through this 2014/15 season because the Club was running at a significant loss and they were never going to be able to cut the cost base enough to remedy that problem.

It could be argued that the only thing they've actually done RIGHT since their appointment to the board/s in November is get rid of Green & co's so-called financial expert Stockbridge (for definition of expert in his case see 'liar' or 'book cooker' rather than bookkeeper), but they didn't even get that one right because they appeared to pay him off with a 100% bonus which they'd previously assured us he wouldn't be getting!

What else have they done right? Well they claim they got rid of Media House and yet Toxic Jack is still to this day apparently working closely with & for the Easdales spinning their PR to the Scottish mainstream media. Not a big deal if we were only talking about a couple of brothers and their <5% shareholding, but they hold proxy voting rights for about 27% of the company.

Let's look at Wallace's fudged attempt at player wage cuts. He apparently calls in Ally & Jig for a chat about it and the result ends up in Jig being asked to go and speak to the players about taking wage cuts which was never going to work in a month of Sundays because Jig is neither their boss or their employer.

What about the "Ready To Listen" campaign? Complete waste of time and money.

Anything else? Oh aye, what about Wallace & others on the board appointing/hiring a new PR guru and his PR consultancy firm the very day before the release of the laughably predictable and moonbeam-filled 120-day 'Business Review'?

So what have they got right in over 9 months since they were appointed? Signing players like Boyd & Miller to try to bump up the ST sales when the Club clearly needed to cut it's costs and is now nearing a point where they won't even be able to afford to pay them?

Dear oh dear! You could go on and on and on with the list of their failures because I haven't even started with half of it, but NO! It's all the fault of DK/SoS/UoF and those who chose (personally, not because anyone told them!) not to renew their season tickets. :facepalm:

I agree with all your comments about cutting costs and increasing income and I've been saying that consistently for some time including earlier in this thread where I said that this summer's signing policy was extremely strange.

However, it's clear to me at least that the Board are attempting to strike a course between balancing the budget and getting the job done i.e. getting back to the SPL/Europe. Time will tell if they manage either.

1. Agreed
  2. How could they have done that without paying them off?
  3. Agreed
  4. I think that it became unavailable due to changing circumstances but I may well be wrong.
  5. My understanding is that that was based on false information supplied by Stockbridge.
  6. Perhaps so

But none of that would have reduced costs.

2. Redundancy payments would cost less than their wages. The size of the squad is crazy.

4. What would be the change in circumstances? He stated it on the same day that he warned about the detrimental effect that a boycott of season tickets would have on the club.

5. Yet another case of 'that was the old lot'. That joke is wearing thin.

2. Redundancy payments would cost less than their wages. The size of the squad is crazy.

4. What would be the change in circumstances? He stated it on the same day that he warned about the detrimental effect that a boycott of season tickets would have on the club.

5. Yet another case of 'that was the old lot'. That joke is wearing thin.

I don't agree with you about the cost of paying off the players, none of whom I doubt would have taken less than their full contract entitlement unless they had other clubs to go to.

I also doubt if the club envisaged being 10,000 down on average attendances in whatever circumstances; I have urged a major marketing campaign.

Generally I am NOT an apologist for the Board and certainly not here to defend them, they have yet to earn my trust; but equally I don't think they are responsible for all our current woes. I can tell you with some certainty that whatever else you might think of him (and his bonus, although you may well be surprised at how that is dealt with; it is not set in stone at this point in time) ) Mr Wallace is firmly committed to the task in hand, namely restoring Rangers FC to their rightful place in Scottish and European football. We may all disagree with how he and the Board go about that, but it is fact nonethless.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
A number of early morning typos now corrected!

I don't agree with you aboput the cost of paying off the players, none of whom I doubt would have taken less than their full contract entitlement unless they had other clubs to go to.

I also doubt if the club envisaged being 10,000 down on aaverage attendances in whatever circumstances; I have urged a major marketing campaign.

Generally I am NOT an apologist for the Board and certainly not here to defend them, they have yet to earn my trust; but equally I don't think they are responsible for all our current woes. I can tell you with some certainty that whatever else you might think of him (and his bonus, althouughyou well be surprised at how that is dealt with it is not set in stone at this point in time) ) Mr Wallace is firmly committed to the task in hand, namely restoring Rangers FC to their rightful place in Scottish and European football. We may all disagree with how he and the Board go about that, but it is fact nonethless.

I wasn't saying that you were a board apologist. Sorry if it came across like that.