The 2011 version has the same clause.

You're right. I've just checked the 2011/12, 2012/13 & 2013/14 Articles of Association docs and they all have that same 3% clause with no mention of any 10% rule in the Dual ownership section/Article 13.

So why are the Scottish press & media running with this 10% rule aspect of the story?

Maybe Ashley & Green applied for special permission from the SFA for him to have a stake and they said 'ok, but only up to 10%' ??

You're right. I've just checked the 2011/12, 2012/13 & 2013/14 Articles of Association docs and they all have that same 3% clause with no mention of any 10% rule in the Dual ownership section/Article 13.

So why are the Scottish press & media running with this 10% rule aspect of the story?

Maybe Ashley & Green applied for special permission from the SFA for him to have a stake and they said 'ok, but only up to 10%' ??

I have something in my head about that, mate, but all I can find is the recent stuff from the UoF about the dangers of Ashley getting special dispensation to underwrite the share issue.

Getting too old for all this memory shite! :D

How did Romanov work Hearts and Kaunas?

That's what I was wondering myself. Either it was simply overlooked by the SFA or they allowed it on the basis that Hearts were in big trouble and his involvement would solve some immediate problems for the club. Remember, Hearts were almost forced to sell Tynecastle and move to Murrayfield before Romanov got involved.