What prompted the 'Special Resolution'?

Regan re-wrote a lot of the Rule Book to get rid of the archaic committee structure and introduce the Professional Game Board etc. I don't know the specific reason for the 3% Rule but some kind of rule on joint ownership or influence is important.

Great idea - lets just go out of business........

So Ashley is our only hope then ? If you say so Rab.

I see he is your preferred White Knight - I just don't think he is what the club needs. But fill yer boots if you think he is.

I'd wager that it's a far more difficult & complex situation for Dave King than any of us appreciate mate, especially if he doesn't know the full extent of the financial wreckage that's been done since Green & co's takeover up until now, the extent of onerous contracts and everything else that we're currently seeing unfolding.

As we've just witnessed with the news of the Ashley/Ibrox naming rights problem and the Rangers Retail/Sports Direct problem with £2.7m due to us, but supposedly tied up and unavailable for working capital, there's a situation where it seems that only a very select group of people know what skeletons are hiding in cupboards.

How do you make plans if you're not 100% sure what's actually going on?

Then there's the issue of some fans wanting less talk & more action from guys like Dave King and when he releases statements they criticise him for releasing too many statements.

Personally, I'd be happy for him just to be going about his business quietly and sorting out a controlling stake whenever he feels the time is right, then once he's in there, start putting plans on the table and get the mess sorted out ASAP.

The one thing ANY potential investor should have learned in the last couple of days is that they should not be investing ANY of their money into Rangers until they have had full and open access to both the financial records and the club's contracts which have an impact on both revenue streams and cost bases.

If they are being asked to invest they need to know what they can do financially to improve the revenue streams of the club - renaming rights for a quid should have any investor running for the hills in all honesty as he would have to ask what other ludicrous contracts the club are legally bound to.

At this point, Dave King would be doing the RIGHT thing by not throwing ANY of his hard earned money at Rangers - anyone suggesting otherwise either dislikes King or doesn't have an appreciation of what is being asked of him.... the 30 million investment he suggested a while back could easily double if the Club is legally bound to ridiculous binding contracts.

I think you have to presume he has no interest in taking over Rangers.

Why ? Simply because he has remained quiet ?

Yet you are in support of Ashley who has come out with.... that's right, no statement.

You do irony Rab ?

I must be the only one who sees the reverse of this....

When did I miss in the "Mike Ashley is a wonderful option for Rangers to have" ?

What Ashley does have is a significant shareholding, is apparently not in any board-members bad books (for whatever reason) and will most likely not be meddled around with. He might very well drain what he can should he take over a significant role at the club, but likewise I doubt that he would like to see his investment go to the wall either. A lesser evil than what we have now - if only that he can safeguard our survival - which the current lot can not.

Best case scenario is Ashley sees us as a cash cow where he'll make no effort to have us playing in Europe and will be happy to just have us floundering in the SPL while taking all the retail contracts.

Floundering just like Newcastle do under him, only much, much worse.

Surely it would be in his best interests to have us playing in Europe?

He wants to start expanding Sports Direct across Europe what better way to advertise that than Champions League football at the Sports Direct Arena.

He wants to start expanding Sports Direct across Europe what better way to advertise that than Champions League football at the Sports Direct Arena.

The early rounds of the Europa maybe. He will have no interest in the expenditure required to reach the CL group stage, which with our infrastructure will be very considerable.

I think that's a very good point; and who has a better chance of playing in Europe, Rangers or Newcastle?