Former Rangers defender Arthur Numan doesn't know who to believe as concerns continue to mount over the club's future.

On Friday, former commercial director Imran Ahmad had £620,000 of the Ibrox outfit's assets frozen and there is major uncertainty over finances.

"It's time the supporters knew what was happening, who is in control and where the money is going to," said Numan.

The Dutchman, who played at Ibrox between 1998 and 2003 under Sir David Murray's tenure, says fans regularly raise the issue of Rangers' money troubles with him.

"There is so much going on in the last couple of years and sometimes you think it's one big mess," he said.

"I get a lot of supporters texting me and calling me, they ask me what's going on - and I can't give them an answer, because even I don't know.

"I don't even know who is in charge - I don't know who to believe any more. "

He went on: "I hope that someone comes in and says, okay, I want to put a lot of money into the club and try to take all the insecurity away by the supporters - because that's most important.

"Then you try to get Rangers back into the Premier League and get a team on the park that's strong enough to compete with Celtic.

"And hopefully they can qualify for Europe with someone who is in charge who makes it clear to the supporters and the Press what his intentions are, because nobody knows."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/numan-who-are-fans-to-believe-179657n.25273594

Will we ever see a player of this calibre in a Rangers jersey again?

Probably more likely a player with potential to become as good, but they wouldn't be around for long.

Simple realities for Rangers and Scottish football in general.

Edited by buster.