Sandy Easdale and Rafat Rizvi Record front page

FWIW I don't want RIzvi anywhere near our club either but why is it people on this forum think it's okay for a guy who's been convicted of tax offences in SA totalling around £44m to be seen as some sort of saviour whom they'd welcome with open arms? (providing he hasn't disappeared that is as no one has seen of heard from him for months now)

Not everyone does think it "okay", RangerRab.

I think many feel, going by their posts, that "he may be a crook but at least he's "our" crook" , that is, a Rangers fan. I do not know how many of the board this would cover and I am not for a minute suggesting they are unaware of the contradictions in their stance. I guess the problem comes down to - who else is there? (All that is presuming he is still a hope, which , as you suggest, is far from certain - the caller to Radio Clyde the other night, ("BB") clearly thought not.)

The judge in his main SA case was extraordinarily scathing as to his character, that's for sure.

Not everyone does think it "okay", RangerRab.

I think many feel, going by their posts, that "he may be a crook but at least he's "our" crook" , that is, a Rangers fan. I do not know how many of the board this would cover and I am not for a minute suggesting they are unaware of the contradictions in their stance. I guess the problem comes down to - who else is there? (All that is presuming he is still a hope, which , as you suggest, is far from certain - the caller to Radio Clyde the other night, ("BB") clearly thought not.)

The judge in his main SA case was extraordinarily scathing as to his character, that's for sure.

I didn't hear the call to RC the other night so can't comment but did he say DK has gone and won't be back?

Anyway I have two main reasons I do not believe he will be Rangers owner or whatever;-

1) I do not believe he is anywhere as wealthy as he is made out to be. Talk of him being worth hundreds of millions is nonsense IMO.For me he seemed to give this away in a meeting with the board when he talked of himself as a 'last resort' and spending his kids inheritance but it certainly would not cost hundreds of millions to acquire Rangers if he had that sort of money.

2) following his SA tax convictions would he be allowed to be on the Rangers board by way of AIM regs not to mention any SFA objections?

The only way he'll become involved IMO is if the club goes right to the brink and he offers to buy the stadium and MP from RIFC and thus puts in money but allows the club to rent them back for a pittance but I think that unlikely to happen.

FWIW I don't want RIzvi anywhere near our club either but why is it people on this forum think it's okay for a guy who's been convicted of tax offences in SA totalling around £44m to be seen as some sort of saviour whom they'd welcome with open arms? (providing he hasn't disappeared that is as no one has seen of heard from him for months now)

on the plus side, DK's not wanted by interpol nor a fugitive from justice.

on the plus side, DK's not wanted by interpol nor a fugitive from justice.

Playing devil's advocate ... King never left the RSA or at least attempted to flee the courts ... and essentially paid the court case and conviction off the table. Rivzi is wanted by Indonesian justice and I have no clue whether that justice is anymore or -less "lawful" or "corrupt" than that of the RSA. Once a country convicts someone, it can also ask Interpol to chase him down - that is what they are for. I don't think it is up to Interpol to decide whether he was lawfully or justly sentenced. So being chased by Interpol, being "convicted" of something and being a fugitive from justice is something up to debate as well. I take no side of Rivzi here* and don't want him near our club. But for the sake of the argument, it is worthwhile looking at what sort of countries and justices we look here.

*For the only case I know of right here is that Bank breakdown et al. It would be rather strange that people face a death sentence for that alone though.