Protestant youth football team attacked by Republicans

Lifted from FF:

Cllr Julie-Anne Corr has condemned an attack by republicans on children playing football for Ballysillan Swifts at Whiterock Leisure Centre as "absolutely horrific and motivated by a blind hatred of protestants."

Cllr Corr said, "This is the most disturbing incident I have heard about for a very long time. It beggars belief that a group of children were subjected to barbaric sectarian abuse, vicious assault and a violent attack by republican adults and youths wielding hurling sticks."

She continued, "What is worse is that a vicious, dangerous dog was also set on the children who, at one point, were protected by a group of volunteers who encircled them. The incident was so bad that the children were threatened by adults who shouted they didn't care what age they were."

She continued, "Many of the children suffered cuts and bruises while one had serious bruising and damage to his eye and another required hospital treatment for his injuries. I'm sure the experience must have been absolutely terrifying and will stay with the children and their families for a long time."

She continued, "I would also like to thank and commend a group of young people from another team who helped the children and volunteers from Ballysillan leave the centre grounds. Their actions demonstrate the future we would wish for all our children and young people."

She continued, "It is about time that leaders and politicians from within the republican and nationalist community recognised the real and growing hatred of protestants that exists within their community and, in particular, within the attitudes of their young people."

She continued, "There is not a day goes by without us hearing of an attack on protestant young people and this incident is the worst in a long line of incidents. It is only a matter of time before someone is killed and I would urge serious action by community leaders before this happens."

She continued, "If any other section of the community was attacked with such regularity then this would be treated as an outrage. Whether at interfaces, or just going about their daily business, protestants are being attacked with regularity."

She continued, "I will be asking that Belfast City Council does everything in its power to investigate the circumstances around this incident. I also hope that the police treat this hate crime as seriously as possible and bring to justice all those responsible, including adults who feel it is ok to attack children."

She concluded, "A shared future requires shared responsibility, and unfortunately there are those within the republican and nationalist community who don't treat hatred of protestants seriously. Attacks like we have just witnessed are a legacy of this complacency."

Lifted from FF:

Cllr Julie-Anne Corr has condemned an attack by republicans on children playing football for Ballysillan Swifts at Whiterock Leisure Centre as "absolutely horrific and motivated by a blind hatred of protestants."

Cllr Corr said, "This is the most disturbing incident I have heard about for a very long time. It beggars belief that a group of children were subjected to barbaric sectarian abuse, vicious assault and a violent attack by republican adults and youths wielding hurling sticks."

She continued, "What is worse is that a vicious, dangerous dog was also set on the children who, at one point, were protected by a group of volunteers who encircled them. The incident was so bad that the children were threatened by adults who shouted they didn't care what age they were."

She continued, "Many of the children suffered cuts and bruises while one had serious bruising and damage to his eye and another required hospital treatment for his injuries. I'm sure the experience must have been absolutely terrifying and will stay with the children and their families for a long time."

She continued, "I would also like to thank and commend a group of young people from another team who helped the children and volunteers from Ballysillan leave the centre grounds. Their actions demonstrate the future we would wish for all our children and young people."

She continued, "It is about time that leaders and politicians from within the republican and nationalist community recognised the real and growing hatred of protestants that exists within their community and, in particular, within the attitudes of their young people."

She continued, "There is not a day goes by without us hearing of an attack on protestant young people and this incident is the worst in a long line of incidents. It is only a matter of time before someone is killed and I would urge serious action by community leaders before this happens."

She continued, "If any other section of the community was attacked with such regularity then this would be treated as an outrage. Whether at interfaces, or just going about their daily business, protestants are being attacked with regularity."

She continued, "I will be asking that Belfast City Council does everything in its power to investigate the circumstances around this incident. I also hope that the police treat this hate crime as seriously as possible and bring to justice all those responsible, including adults who feel it is ok to attack children."

She concluded, "A shared future requires shared responsibility, and unfortunately there are those within the republican and nationalist community who don't treat hatred of protestants seriously. Attacks like we have just witnessed are a legacy of this complacency."

got a link for this?

This is just one in a long list of incidents. Recently a bus going to the city centre from Ballysillan there was four young men got on the bus at ardoyne and attacked a 16 year old on his way to work. These attacks are completely unprovoked, just a hatred of protestants. The young boys in the football team will be scarred for a long time by this event for a long time, and as yet we are still waiting on the media to report it the way they would if the attack had happened the other way as there is a definite bias towards everything sf/republican