I know we have a dozen or so players out on loan to other clubs, been a pretty consistent feature of the club during the on going turmoil.

Currently, are we recipients of any loan players? Have we been recipients of any loan players in the last two and a bit seasons?

I ask, because I don't think we have any loan signings and this must be unique in the Scottish/British game. Why we would we not bring in a few loan signings?

I ask, because I don't think we have any loan signings and this must be unique in the Scottish/British game. Why we would we not bring in a few loan signings?

I think in giving out several one year contracts, we have gone down a not completely dissimilar route.

i hate loan signings with a passion.

We have had a few in recent times that have done well such as Kyrgiakos, Vignal and Weiss. Davis was also initially a loan deal. I suppose the position we are and the league we are playing in make these kind of loan deals very unlikely.

I know we have a dozen or so players out on loan to other clubs, been a pretty consistent feature of the club during the on going turmoil.

Currently, are we recipients of any loan players? Have we been recipients of any loan players in the last two and a bit seasons?

You're right 26th, I don't think we've had any incoming loan signings at all for the 1st team since Kyle Bartley went back to Arsenal at the end of the 2011/12 season.

Every single 1st team player brought in has been on a free transfer except for Templeton who cost about £700k.

Since Green & co took over in summer 2012 we've brought in 22 players on free transfers, which probably adds up to a considerable amount of money in signing & agents fees.

We've also been paying players much higher salaries than was necessary since 2012, although that's a difficult subject because we would have needed the administrators to get rid of ALL of our high earners from the playing squad back in the summer of 2012 if we wanted to start paying significantly lower wages throughout the squad.

Certainly an interesting question regarding why we haven't been able to attract any incoming loan deals.

We have had a few in recent times that have done well such as Kyrgiakos, Vignal and Weiss. Davis was also initially a loan deal. I suppose the position we are and the league we are playing in make these kind of loan deals very unlikely.

Weiss was pish and we only won the league because he got injured. Davis worked well. Kiri was hmmmmm. Vignal I liked.

But I maintain buy a player or forget him. Don't raise players for other clubs.

For ever Davis there's a diuff and Bartley.

Weiss was pish and we only won the league because he got injured. Davis worked well. Kiri was hmmmmm. Vignal I liked.

I liked Weiss, he was one of the most entertaining players we had for ages, BUT consistent with my opinion, his attempts at entertainment were often counter-productive to the result and you often just wanted him to keep with the tactics, and use his trickery as a surprise now and again. Do it all the time and you become predictable. This was especially noticeable in big games and Europe. Obviously Walter didn't like that he didn't follow instructions and stopped playing him very often, which annoyed Man City as he wasn't getting the experience they intended.

But I maintain buy a player or forget him. Don't raise players for other clubs.

I do find loans a bit of a strange thing in that way. Our youngsters are going out on loan and if they play it will be to the detriment of the loan club's own youngsters. I think the best use of the system is if you need players above what you can afford normally on a short term basis due to your situation and cash flow - something we could have done in the lower leagues, or if you want to try before you buy.

Weiss was pish and we only won the league because he got injured.

5 goals and 9 or 10 assists in less than 20 appearances (most of which were from the subs bench!) is not normally considered 'pish'. :D

We probably wouldn't have won the League Cup final against Celtic that season if it wasn't for world class vision from Weiss to make 'THAT' pass to Jelavic from the quick free kick in extra time.