Why oh why did RST decide en masse to prop the regime @ 20p?

The price could just have easily gone up for a few days on the back of the “success” (I use that loosely) but it was always going to come down. So in a sense you are correct they’ve thrown their members money away.

But if I was a member paying into this on the expectation that they would be investing in share issues etc. I would question why they didn’t when they had the opportunity.

I get you - I suspect I was asking was probably jibeing if we should be giving 20p at anytime to current regime - a view - but I respect your response too.

As has been said previously on this subject and by a fair number of people, the fan ownership vehicles BuyRangers and RangersFirst were damned if they did and damned if they didn't subscribe to the recent Open Offer.

Buying up shares in the Club is the raison d'être of these fan ownership mechanisms, so while they'll undoubtedly have had a very difficult decision to make due to all sorts of reservations and uncertainties, they essentially had very little choice other than to bite the bullet and forge ahead with their stated objectives.