For anyone who isn't already aware, I have been elected to the Rangers Fans Board to represent fans who attend away matches.

Rangers are creating email addresses for direct contact with the Fans Board Members but they will not be live until after the first meeting on 6 October. In the short term if anyone has any particular issues or concerns that affect “fans who attend away matches”, can they please post them here.

I said that “I will arrange an early meeting with Susan Hannah”, the Ticket Office Manager. I have kept this promise. The meeting will take place on Monday when I will try to get answers to any immediate concerns.

TB has already raised a number of points:

• Possible profiteering by charging Rangers fans higher than normal prices. I responded that “I think that there is a league rule about that but there will be ways round it I'm sure. I did notice at Alloa that £18/£9 was posted at the away gates and that is what we were charged, well I was anyway, not quite old enough for a concession.”
  • Children’s ticket availability and pricing. I replied that “If that is a league issue I will pursue with Mr Doncaster.”
  • Small allocations and how to divide between supporters’ buses and those who travel independently.

If anyone has recent evidence of any of these situations can they please post here or PM me as appropriate.

SB commented about “the variables Ulster Bears must contend with and the size of support travelling over for home games”. This is not my constituency per se but I responded that “If you have an issue that relates to travelling or attending or otherwise is relevant to away matches please let me know”.

STB commented about “the short notice between being allocated a game and the payment getting taken.” I replied that “I think the issue is the short notice Rangers often get from the other Clubs and the fact that they need to collect and pay for the tickets within a certain period.”

More information on any of the above issues would be helpful and feel free to add anything else.

On a more general note, I have taken on board the comments about the categories and would welcome any other comments about organisational issues since these will be discussed at the first meeting.

Are you canvassing the Follow Follow and RangersMedia forums too for the thoughts of away fans?

This point has exercised my mind today, thanks.

I certainly don't want it to appear that Gersnet is the only forum available for such thoughts.

However, bear in mind that it is very early days and the email address is not yet available; mind you that might be a good reason to post elsewhere.

I am barred from FF BTW.

I'll PM you if that's OK.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I'm not sure if you are being serious or not.

If you are serious can you suggest how that might work in practice?

Contact buses in advance and ask if you can speak with members

Stand where buses park and go up and introduce yourself and that you'd like to ask some questions

Speak with Bears besides you at games, introduce yourself, ask questions.

I done it when in the RST and it was generally appreciated.

Not all travelling bears know about you or your role, neither do they frequent the Internet, so your best being proactive in engaging with them. The Bears who do frequent the Internet and travel are most likely to be unsupportive of the new fans board.

How about club ran buses leaving from Ibrox. Have always hated the fact we all pay to travel to games and the club makes HeeHaw.

With a couple of bus company owners in Bruce's and Mcgils on board surely favourable prices for hire can be achieved if not given for free as part of club sponsorship. Access to the carpark and to the new bar an hour or two before leaving Ibrox will increase sales along with associated merchandise. Fling in a members doo at Ibrox each year as well. Pretty sure there will be a few St holders who would be able and willing to run the buses and account for members behaviour who would do so for nothing.

Obviously someone would need to do the numbers and see what demand would be like and try and get one of the bus companies on board.

Don't think it will make vast amounts of money but every little bit helps. Its main income for the club would be through the closer relationship with fans that it would produce and encourage. Opens many pr possibilities also, with players who are not playing or club staff traveling at select times through the year on buses that can be pre screened and selected.

Could be the first step towards a rangers village/pre_ game venue at Ibrox.

Stand where buses park and go up and introduce yourself and that you'd like to ask some questions

That's a good idea and if Alan was wearing something like this to greet the traveling fans, they'd know straight away that he's an official Fan Rep!

89WvJFA.jpg

Contact buses in advance and ask if you can speak with members

Speak with Bears besides you at games, introduce yourself, ask questions.

I done it when in the RST and it was generally appreciated.

Not all travelling bears know about you or your role, neither do they frequent the Internet, so your best being proactive in engaging with them. The Bears who do frequent the Internet and travel are most likely to be unsupportive of the new fans board.

OK that's all very useful advice, so long as you are prepared to stand guard beside me. I'm not sure about dark car parks in the middle of winter but it's worth consideration:D

Seriously, I will certainly make myself available to attend any SC Meetings within reason. If you want to organise something in NI and guarantee safe passage, I'd be up for that. Or perhaps if you guys are doing an overnight here might be better.

A few folk who know me did approach me at Falkirk but I like your suggestion to introduce myslef to people sitting beside me, though there may be some hazards in that, I know it goes with the territory.

Any other suggestions on communciation would be welcome.

It will be a lot easier once the Board are identified on the Club site and the email addresses are published.