Both brothers have some reasonable success in business but their continued purchasing of shares without ever gaining outright control, or getting close, only looks as though they're getting their hands dirty for their masters. The word coming from the members lounge is that both are seen as joke figures or big oafs inside of the board room.

Due to Sandy's past convictions, allegedly being 'hooky' in their home town of Greenock, and our recent history of attracting conmen, it was always unlikely they'd be accepted. It's fair to say very few bears actually respect them never mind want them near Rangers.

The former NOMAD ran for the hills when James was appointed to the PLC board due to having no experience and being unable to demonstrate why he should be there. We all know why Sandy's not on the PLC board but has managed to become chairman of the football board.

Sandy was also daft enough to get caught up in a war of words with Craig from SoS, which ironically elevated SoS' position within the support and MSM even though the legal threats were to curb Craig Houston.

If my memory serves me right they bought shares at 70p a pop so are unlikely to make much money.

Other than perhaps trying to legitimise themselves to the wider business community, I can see no benefit for them hanging around when the clear majority don't want them here. But they hold a substantial % in shares for secretive holding companies who certainly don't give a toss for Rangers.

Can someone explain to me their purpose? You would have work very hard to convince me that they are bluenoses.

It was said long ago they were puppets for someone higher up. I don't respect these men, i don't like them and it makes my skin crawl knowing they have any association with our club. But this is sadly where we are because real Rangers men refused to stand up for our club and family.

i don't think they bough shares at 70p. perhaps a few.

they will be getting paid to do greens dirty work. either by green or rangers.

How much would Green actually pay that makes the hassle worthwhile? Green's wealthy but not that wealthy to satisfy two already wealthy men over the course of the pasy year and further on.