I am a football fan and the football team is my priority. I am more concerned with our players being unable to do things i could do as a school kid and mistakes our manager and his buddies makes on a weekly basis. The football is my priority. In fact, it's my guess, opinion, whatever that the football side of our operation has cost us more than anything else in the last 3 or 4 years under McCoists stewardship, regardless of who sets budgets, this is money McCoist deemed needed to be spent in order to compete with clubs who could only ever dream of such resources. For me Ally McCoist poses a far greater danger to Rangers Football Club than any fat cat who sits in the directors box. In fact, given how toxic our football brand is today, i don't even think anyone can argue against that.

I will argue against that.

Those running the show have been the ones furnishing McCoist with players that he wants, while at the same time ignoring the other areas of the footballing department like youth development, scouting and failing to deliver the DoF that was promised. If McCoist goes today those fundamental flaws will still be there, as will the men who have allowed it to happen. It may give you personal satisfaction to see the back of someone who you have long been critical of, but it won’t really change a thing.

I will argue against that.

Those running the show have been the ones furnishing McCoist with players that he wants, while at the same time ignoring the other areas of the footballing department like youth development, scouting and failing to deliver the DoF that was promised. If McCoist goes today those fundamental flaws will still be there, as will the men who have allowed it to happen. It may give you personal satisfaction to see the back of someone who you have long been critical of, but it won’t really change a thing.

The board are not ignoring youth development. The manager is. We don't need a DoF. Scouting? How hard has Ally fought to have scouts hired? What if i told you he chose to spend £600k per year on John Daly instead of hiring a team of scouts?

When he goes it will certainly have fans flocking back so in essence things will change. It will almost certainly see an improved football product as well, another positive change.

You are a good poster but your argument here is rubbish, with respect.

The board are not ignoring youth development. The manager is. We don't need a DoF. Scouting? How hard has Ally fought to have scouts hired? What if i told you he chose to spend £600k per year on John Daly instead of hiring a team of scouts?

When he goes it will certainly have fans flocking back so in essence things will change. It will almost certainly see an improved football product as well, another positive change.

You are a good poster but your argument here is rubbish, with respect.

First off, there is no need for the platitudes, I'm a big boy who can take criticism without going in the huff. :)

McCoist is an employee of the club, one with a lot of clout, granted, but that is all he is. The board should be the ones who dictate what plans are to be put in place, with the staff adhering to this. If the tail is wagging the dog, that is the fault of the board, not the member of staff. If they are unwilling or unable to stop that from happening, that again is the fault of the board, not the member of staff.

There is no guarantee that a replacement will bring about a sea change in performance or crowd numbers. What if McDowell and Durrant are given the reins until the end of the season? What if players loyal to McCoist down tools under a new man and manage to be even more ineffective than they are now?

I am a football fan and the football team is my priority. I am more concerned with our players being unable to do things i could do as a school kid and mistakes our manager and his buddies makes on a weekly basis. The football is my priority. In fact, it's my guess, opinion, whatever that the football side of our operation has cost us more than anything else in the last 3 or 4 years under McCoists stewardship, regardless of who sets budgets, this is money McCoist deemed needed to be spent in order to compete with clubs who could only ever dream of such resources. For me Ally McCoist poses a far greater danger to Rangers Football Club than any fat cat who sits in the directors box. In fact, given how toxic our football brand is today, i don't even think anyone can argue against that.

Where do you start with that type of logic ? .......................:wtf:

For me, it explains in part why it's been so easy to confuse, divide and plunder the Rangers support.

Heres what i find strange. For a board that is supposedly intent on raping the club at every opportunity they sure as hell missed a trick. If they had invested a million or so in replacing ally a year or so back and hired a decent exciting manager, ibrox would be full every week, st sales at an all time high, and very few watching their financial dealings. That would have given them more cash to syphon. Which leads me to think they are not as calculating as they are given credit for, more like extremely thick and incompetent.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the wage cut Ally took is actually a deferment, in other words, were paying him a reduced amount but the remainder of his originally contracted salary will have to be paid to him in due course, the longer he remains as manager, the bigger the club's debt to him becomes.

We all know that the club is in a mess financially, so why is this deemed tolerable?

What is the point in complaining about financial recklessness in other areas of the club, and then turning a blind eye to this?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the wage cut Ally took is actually a deferment, in other words, were paying him a reduced amount but the remainder of his originally contracted salary will have to be paid to him in due course, the longer he remains as manager, the bigger the club's debt to him becomes.

We all know that the club is in a mess financially, so why is this deemed tolerable?

What is the point in complaining about financial recklessness in other areas of the club, and then turning a blind eye to this?

Who has said any of it is tolerable? Who has turned a blind eye to it?