Well, it is the Sun - why would you expect to see something like that?!

Jack is getting increasingly complacent as this saga trundles on. Is the job getting too big for him, or is the simplicity of his task allowing him to show a complete disregard for the easily fooled?

I know which one I favour.

The Sun and Irvine tend to be close.

I wonder if the prominence and timing of the Micheal Stewart piece in The Sun had anything to do with Irvine.

I don't dispute that it was the true opinion of MS, that it was accurate or that after the Hibs result there wasn't good enough reason anyway.

The manager and the players are pretty much ensuring that there is no real need for the situation to be managed. It's manna from Heaven for the spin merchants.

The manager and the players are pretty much ensuring that there is no real need for the situation to be managed. It's manna from Heaven for the spin merchants.

Yes, but a little nudge here and there regards timing always helps.

What I think is in play is any added and timely pressure/momentum that can be brought to bear regards a hypothetical negotiation between the 'two sides' leading to some kind of settlement, especially given the lack of cash at the club.

Yes, but a little nudge here and there regards timing always helps.

What I think is in play is any added and timely pressure/momentum that can be brought to bear regards a hypothetical negotiation between the 'two sides' leading to some kind of settlement, especially given the lack of cash at the club.

As much as I think McCoist is finished at Ibrox, I sincerely hope that he sticks to his guns and forces them to make the first move. The ideal scenario is for him to bring down the whole shooting match - Samson in the colloseum stylee!

As much as I think McCoist is finished at Ibrox, I sincerely hope that he sticks to his guns and forces them to make the first move. The ideal scenario is for him to bring down the whole shooting match - Samson in the colloseum stylee!

Agreed, although I think if he were to attempt such, he would hypothetically and metaphorically 'shot' aswell.

If ever someone fitted the role of a 'philistine' it would be our friends from Inverclyde. ;)3

Agreed, although I think if he were to attempt such, he would hypothetically and metaphorically 'shot' aswell.

If ever someone fitted the role of a 'philistine' it would be our friends from Inverclyde. ;)3

It's gone all theological this morning! :D

I think we're in danger of missing the point.

It seems very strange for Ashley to have bought these shares instead of investing in the Open Offer at the same price (and without the associated costs of dealing directly with HH).

Why not invest the £850K directly into the club?

Might be that he had a deal in place for those share for some time. A pals' act it would be if he had any connections to these people.