Uncomfortable managers

I've been thinking about our last three managers who had to leave after under-performing and I don't ever remember them looking comfortable in the job.

Advocaat looked a bit out of place to start with but then looked very confident in the role which multiplied when he was winning trophies, however when they dried up you could see his feet get itchy and you could tell he wasn't here for the long haul.

In came Eck who never quite looked like he could believe he was doing his dream job. He looked like he was pinching himself all the time and that deep down he seen himself as a fake. He grimly held on to the job for four and half years but when he left you could tell it was never meant to be.

Then we had PLG who we couldn't believe had taken the job and after a few weeks he looked like he couldn't believe it either. He cultivated a look that said, "Wat ze 'ell am I doing 'ere?"

Contrast that with Walter Smith who looks to be settling back into the job like an old pair of comfortable slippers along with McCoist who looks like he's found the perfect stage.

We now have a management pair that know why they are there, are completely up for the challenge and in for the long term. And they are completely comfortable and at peace with that.

Yeah i see what your saying.

I feel comfortable with Walter and feel as if it is right that he is back in charge.

I grew up with him in place and it has all the good feelings.

Id say Le Guen looked most out of place, he just never looked like he had a clue where he was. But Eck was most out of his depth.

Guest King Dado

Cannot argue with any of that Calscot.

I think it's safe to say in Walter Smith we have at least a man who knows what Rangers are all about and he's the safe pair of hands we need at the moment.

I know what you mean. It reminds me of the Partick Thistle/John Lambie connection. For almost 14 years the majority of Jags fans couldn't see anyone else as manager, others tried and failed and then Lambie would come back and build them up again. Perhaps it's just meant to be.

For me, Walter has stepped into an old pair of slippers that are past their best (I don't mean the team being past their best). When Walter was Rangers manager first time round the slippers, were brand new, were comfy and he liked them. Now, they're looking not so comfy as they did.

That's my personal feeling towards him. I really hope he does well but the european stage is his downfall and Rangers need to be successful in europe.

I've been thinking about our last three managers who had to leave after under-performing and I don't ever remember them looking comfortable in the job.

Advocaat looked a bit out of place to start with but then looked very confident in the role which multiplied when he was winning trophies, however when they dried up you could see his feet get itchy and you could tell he wasn't here for the long haul.

In came Eck who never quite looked like he could believe he was doing his dream job. He looked like he was pinching himself all the time and that deep down he seen himself as a fake. He grimly held on to the job for four and half years but when he left you could tell it was never meant to be.

Then we had PLG who we couldn't believe had taken the job and after a few weeks he looked like he couldn't believe it either. He cultivated a look that said, "Wat ze 'ell am I doing 'ere?"

Contrast that with Walter Smith who looks to be settling back into the job like an old pair of comfortable slippers along with McCoist who looks like he's found the perfect stage.

We now have a management pair that know why they are there, are completely up for the challenge and in for the long term. And they are completely comfortable and at peace with that.

Eck realised that he got the job because of the situation the club were in, he wasnt out of his depth, he was the right solution to the problem at hand. Nor did he pinch himself and he definately never thought of himself as a fake. That is quite a rediculous statement. He left after four and a half years because it was the right time to go but i can assure you he never felt uncomfortable in the job, only pride