Do you know that for sure? Not much is known about King & co is there? Where's the funding coming from? All we've had is this £16m figure, half of which is from DK. Where's the rest from? Surely not loans

d park, g letham etc. d king has always said he had other people lined up to invest.

Is King & co a single entity or several entities? If it were several surely existing shares could be bought by one or more for say 50p per share. Not enough is known about king & co IMO.

I'd be stunned if they were to make such a basic strategic error.

It was pointed out every time there was a hue and cry for him to buy!!!buy!!!,buy!!! shares why he would be stupid to do so.

I've been asked my opinion on who the blogger Bill McMurdo is getting information from after this quote

"From what I am told, Rangers CEO Graham Wallace has not performed due diligence on this matter and no proof of funds has been shown to the board"

Who would have told him this?

I think it's fair to say it's not the triangle of Wallace, Nash or PR man Tyrrell, they appear not to use third parties to spin news. It's doubtful if it's Somers or Crighton who don't appear to gain anything from this suggestion being aired.

Sandy and James Easdale have been attending to other matters recently due to the recent sad loss of their mother and regardless of the importance of our club in our lives, their thoughts are rightly elsewhere right now.

This leaves us again with the possibility of this blogger being fed from the one and only Jack Irvine. I find it not too strange to see that some of his "claims" are similar to that of a confused scottish/Irish blogger and the possibility of the same source for both can't be ignored.

It's always wise to think of the source of claims as it will sometimes give you the reason why the claims are made in the first place.

If anyone can think of a more genuine source, then you can start to believe the claims but not before.

:merlin2::merlin:

Questions Still Hang Over King’s Bid For Power

Despite media reports that Dave King would be jetting into Glasgow today, I believe we are still waiting for the messiah’s umpteenth coming to take place.

I am not sure what the South African based businessman can do to press any claims he has made to the crown at Ibrox as too many questions remain unanswered by him and his supporters.

These supporters have been attempting to quell any suggestion that King would be bombed out as a fit and proper person by the SFA in terms of of a directorial role at Ibrox but even if this were the case, the AIM would be a much tougher nut to crack.

If, as seems a stick-on certainty, King is deemed unacceptable director material by the AIM, it would then lead to the sticky situation of any Dave King appointed director being seen to be just a place man. This in itself is not necessarily the worst thing but the fact that it would leave King open to the charges of functioning as a shadow director has potentially very bad ramifications for the club and PLC. The Stock Exchange frowns on such things and punitive measures could be imposed.

These measures include the club’s listing being pulled so it is not a minor infraction.

Which all poses the question: Will Dave King be happy to have a hands-off role in the club, given that control is seemingly so vital to him and integral to his plans?

On top of this, there is the little matter of proof of funds. From what I am told, Rangers CEO Graham Wallace has not performed due diligence on this matter and no proof of funds has been shown to the board. A stupefying omission given the nature of talks and the perceived seriousness of the situation. Furthermore, the board still lacks any information on the identity and viability of King’s other mystery backers.

So much for transparency, eh?

Of course, even if Dave King ticked all these empty boxes, there is the most important matter of all for him to address and that is the willingness of the shareholders to go along with his plans. For King to accomplish his objectives he simply must get more shareholder backing. Since Sandy Easdale himself controls 26% of the shares, this makes it virtually impossible for King to get special resolutions passed.

King has a piss poor hand in a game where he is one call away from being wiped out. His only ace is the backing of a lunatic fringe of boycotters and red card display organisers. That has been seen to be effective in hampering progress but incapable of delivering a mortal blow to the present regime.

All the while Mike Ashley is waiting and plotting. Some think he has already shown he can play Dave King like an old fiddle with the moves he has made so far but it may be a great mistake to write King off at this stage.

The man from South Africa still has a long way to go if he wants to be the power at Ibrox.

The hurdles to be overcome may just be too much for him, no matter how determined he is.

Wonder if he briefs Merlin and Three Names via a conference call or just emails them the same shit to pad out in their own inimitable style?

Is the bit about DK being possibly be barred from being a Rangers director by AIM true or not presumably following his SA tax issues ? Or the SFA too?