Sometimes you have to win the battles you can. Especially in guerilla warfare.

He's returning to South Africa without winning anything. He will, once again, now rely on the support to starve them out, a strategy which has so far failed to alter the thinking of those out to milk as much as they can.

He's returning to South Africa without winning anything. He will, once again, now rely on the support to starve them out, a strategy which has so far failed to alter the thinking of those out to milk as much as they can.

We don't know what it's done to the thinking.

I suspect it's altered laxley thinking for example.

Winning board approval would strengthen kings hand going forward even if the vote fails. Especially if it's a narrow fail.

I'm not talking about the machinations and niceties of the corporate world. Without the required amount of shareholders getting behind his plan, what the board did was irrelevant.

Or acquire shares from existing shareholders but DK has said in the past he is not prepared to do that

I don't have any sources of info, and have never claimed otherwise.

I'm open to be educated on what is new, both in anything that he said, and what his clever strategy is.

We didn't know about the board asking Dave King to consider a debt/equity mix deal to allow a swift loan before a General Meeting and soften the dilution blow to shareholders voting on the equity part of the deal.

We also didn't know that Dave King & co were open to such a deal. The only specifics we had been fed was that King & co were offering £16m for 51%.

The fact that certain aspects of the deal were leaked (£16m for 51%), but other aspects of the discussions were kept secret points to whoever was leaking info from the boardroom being deliberately selective with the info.

I don't think he chose to speak his mind about Jack Irvine and the continued leaks and spin mongering as a 'petulant' swipe and nor is it a mistake. It's not news to us online, but he's clearly intending to highlight in the public domain and mainstream press to the wider support that Jack Irvine is still spinning PR on behalf of certain shareholders, perhaps even certain directors.

We didn't know about the board asking Dave King to consider a debt/equity mix deal to allow a swift loan before a General Meeting and soften the dilution blow to shareholders voting on the equity part of the deal.

We also didn't know that Dave King & co were open to such a deal. The only specifics we had been fed was that King & co were offering £16m for 51%.

The fact that certain aspects of the deal were leaked (£16m for 51%), but other aspects of the discussions were kept secret points to whoever was leaking info from the boardroom being deliberately selective with the info.

I don't think he chose to speak his mind about Jack Irvine and the continued leaks and spin mongering as a 'petulant' swipe and nor is it a mistake. It's not news to us online, but he's clearly intending to highlight in the public domain and mainstream press to the wider support that Jack Irvine is still spinning PR on behalf of certain shareholders, perhaps even certain directors.

The details of the proposed deal have little bearing on anything unless they are seen as appealing by those who are holding all the aces, but they are not interested in any level of share dilution, and why would they be when they hold all the power.

As long as there is more to be made from hanging on to what they have, that is what they will do. Other than a bit of PR pugilism, very little appears to have changed from the beginning of the season and his ST stunt. Will he now disappear from the scene for another few months, leaving the rest up to the support again?

Is it not the case that a board of directors must act in the best interests of their company by law,If they don't then it could leave them open to legal action?,is the fact that King/co has offered investment mean there is no need to beg for another loan?.

The details of the proposed deal have little bearing on anything unless they are seen as appealing by those who are holding all the aces, but they are not interested in any level of share dilution, and why would they be when they hold all the power.

As long as there is more to be made from hanging on to what they have, that is what they will do. Other than a bit of PR pugilism, very little appears to have changed from the beginning of the season and his ST stunt. Will he now disappear from the scene for another few months, leaving the rest up to the support again?

You asked me to tell you what was new after having said yourself that there was nothing new in the statement and I think I've done that, but as for whether Dave King is really showing his hand or playing a long game, I honestly have no idea, just like most of us.