Rangers power battle: Graham Wallace axed...

I'm not changing my mind about anyone.

Wallace wasn't good enough, but Nash was apparently excellent.

The point I was trying to make (and here I am trying to say it a third time, sigh) is that I'm not particularly happy to still have people like the Easdales & Somers as directors while Ashley is forcing out directors like Wallace & Nash.

I'm not saying you mate. But plenty of others have.

Wallace was the enemy within more than once. And then people suggested he had integrity. And now he's a bottle merchant again.

Consistency is difficult for some which makes their message less than credible.

Calm down and don't get too carried away over my use of a single word.

All I was really trying to say is that Wallace & Nash are more reputable and suitable men to be in the Ibrox boardroom/s than the Easdales.

If I had a choice between Wallace & Nash or the Inverclyde taxi tycoons it wouldn't be a difficult one.

Perfectly calm, thanks, in the circumstances. My post wasn't in reply to one word from you. There has been a concerted campaign recently to paint Wallace as some sort of good guy because of his association with King.

There is only one choice which should be acceptable. For me, neither Wallace nor the brothers fall in to that category.

Ross McAdam ‏@rossmcadam 15m15 minutes ago

@esta_x @tedermeatballs The legal threats had nothing to do with the loans. It was over the leaking of naming rights contract & other things

Now, just imagine the tranquillity which will set in once Ashley takes over and nails the Easdales et al to a cornerflag, should Toxic and Merlin ever say a word on confidental club stuff again.

With the figures quoted that Nash has driven down the operating costs by circa £5M since the start of the year - I think the highlighted statement above would be correct. His efforts came far too late in the Rangers saga but by that figure, he was clearly looking at things and making efforts that would bear fruit if he were given more time, support and afforded better influence on the board.

When you consider too that Nash was only working for us part-time, it looks like he did more good work on trying to fix our financial train wreck in only a few months, than Stockbridge did in 18 months supposedly full-time.

I'm not saying you mate. But plenty of others have.

Wallace was the enemy within more than once. And then people suggested he had integrity. And now he's a bottle merchant again.

Consistency is difficult for some which makes their message less than credible.

It's easy for people to get caught up in the developing story.

I wasn't overly keen on Wallace right from his appointment and didn't hold much hope for him having much power or lasting long.

It turns out his performance hasn't been good on multiple fronts, but I don't think he was anyone's place man or lackey and nor was Nash. Unfortunately the same can't be said of certain other Directors.

It's easy for people to get caught up in the developing story.

I wasn't overly keen on Wallace right from his appointment and didn't hold much hope for him having much power or lasting long.

It turns out his performance hasn't been good on multiple fronts, but I don't think he was anyone's place man or lackey and nor was Nash. Unfortunately the same can't be said of certain other Directors.

Placeman or not, Wallace hoist himself by his own petard all too often to be taken seriously by anyone.

Placeman or not, Wallace hoist himself by his own petard all too often to be taken seriously by anyone.

Yep, it's almost as if someone decided they needed a better educated patter merchant than Green and Wallace got the gig, although there's been plenty of reports suggesting Wallace was working on things behind the scenes which were actually beneficial to the Club and not just himself & his pals, something which can't be said of Green.

Two good men leave and two, no make that three , balloons remain on the board. The gruesome twosome and Somers have really served the purpose and overstayed their welcome now. If Ashley wants to get some dialogue going with the support he really needs to get those muppets to fall on their swords, or just thrust the swords into their backs.

He resigned.

He may have technically resigned but that would probably be after he had secured the pay-off that his contract entitled him to. It's just cleaner for both parties of they can agree to a resignation but Wallace would still insist on his full pay-off.