RST launch merchandise alternative Fleshers Haugh Limited

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen pictures of the orange adidas Fernando shirt and it's an absolute cracker!

Fleshers Haugh Ltd should consider making another version of that orange adidas shirt with blue adidas stripes, collar, trims etc instead of white and obviously no number on the back either.

"The Orange & Blue shirt" :tu:

Just seen pictures of the orange adidas Fernando shirt and it's an absolute cracker!

Fleshers Haugh Ltd should consider making another version of that orange adidas shirt with blue adidas stripes, collar, trims etc instead of white and obviously no number on the back either.

"The Orange & Blue shirt" :tu:

I have no problem with an orange or orange and blue shirt, but we know how this would be portrayed in our media. Red and black seem to be the protest colours of choice. In the meantime, the Trust would be best advised to avoid all other colours, including blue.

In time, though, other colours could come into play. Right now, the visibility and acceptability of red and black makes them the best option.

I have no problem with an orange or orange and blue shirt, but we know how this would be portrayed in our media.

Please excuse the vitriol, but fuck them. Within reason and common sense, the concepts of Rangers fan group initiatives shouldn't be governed by or stifled by fears of a media backlash or bad press.

Red and black seem to be the protest colours of choice. In the meantime, the Trust would be best advised to avoid all other colours, including blue.

In time, though, other colours could come into play. Right now, the visibility and acceptability of red and black makes them the best option.

I complete disagree with all of these points and I can explain exactly why.

I know it's ongoing and folk are still buying them which is absolutely fine, but red & black has been done and despite criticism from certain quarters it's been reasonably successful to a degree, especially the scarves, which raised a significant sum for the RFFF.

That said, I do agree with the initial responses of Sandy Jardine and Jim Hannah at an early RFFF meeting in 2012 where they apparently said they didn't really see the significance of the colour choice.

Regarding your point about the Trust avoiding "all other colours, including blue": Going by Gordon Dinnie's quotes in the RST announcement re: Fleshers Haugh Ltd, I think you're maybe missing the point of what they're setting out to do now.

They seem to intend to expand the concepts and branch out with "other forms of merchandise" and that may very well see a move away from the red & black with the next shirt released after the orange Fernando charity one.

Lastly, I think it might be prudent to consider that there needs to be the right balance between so-called 'protest' concepts and those designed to generate funds for the purchase of shares because if the intention is to generate as much funds as possible for the purchase of shares, then blue and orange designs will have greater appeal to our fans than any other colours.

Please excuse the vitriol, but fuck them. Within reason and common sense, the concepts of Rangers fan group initiatives shouldn't be governed by or stifled by fears of a media backlash or bad press.

I complete disagree with all of these points and I can explain exactly why.

I know it's ongoing and folk are still buying them which is absolutely fine, but red & black has been done and despite criticism from certain quarters it's been reasonably successful to a degree, especially the scarves, which raised a significant sum for the RFFF.

That said, I do agree with the initial responses of Sandy Jardine and Jim Hannah at an early RFFF meeting in 2012 where they apparently said they didn't really see the significance of the colour choice.

Regarding your point about the Trust avoiding "all other colours, including blue": Going by Gordon Dinnie's quotes in the RST announcement re: Fleshers Haugh Ltd, I think you're maybe missing the point of what they're setting out to do now.

They seem to intend to expand the concepts and branch out with "other forms of merchandise" and that may very well see a move away from the red & black with the next shirt released after the orange Fernando charity one.

Lastly, I think it might be prudent to consider that there needs to be the right balance between so-called 'protest' concepts and those designed to generate funds for the purchase of shares because if the intention is to generate as much funds as possible for the purchase of shares, then blue and orange designs will have greater appeal to our fans than any other colours.

I'm not ruling out the use of other colours, but red and black should be pursued for now to make the protest visible.

I have no problem with orange being used, indeed it would have been my first choice if red and black hadn't already been established as protest colours, but many of society's bigots tend to respond to this choice and we have to be prepared to mount a stout defence if they do.

I hope more and more fans will support this initiative because buying merchandise direct from Rangers feels like a waste of money now, and when I think how much I used to spend on Rangers goods, it is sad that it has come to this.