Morgan Stanley increase stake in RIFC to 3.2%

When you think of all the wealth floating around our millions of fans around the world and we can't gather together enough to rescue the very thing which brings us all together, it's gutting.

It's gutting but not surprising as those within the boardroom (in all it's various incarnations) have been paying the same Toxic PR company to play divide and conquer for years and years.

These people have been given free reign to do as they please with our club. Our support should be ashamed of themselves. 9 out of 10 of them anyway. I do wonder if there is any other support of any team in the world as divided and as split as ours. We are an absolute shambles. Everything about us. Makes me wonder what sort of future generation want to grow up involved with such toxicity and what our future holds. It's grim with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Good grief dude you really are poison. You snipe at everyone constantly. WTF is your master-plan exactly? You seem to think you are smarter than the average Bear on here so tell us please.

I don't have a master-plan, just an opinion, so instead of sniping, dude, why don't you explain to me where I went wrong in what I said?

Hong Kong-based Rangers fan George Taylor splashes his cash to snap up 'major interest' in Ibrox club

Nov 01, 2014 06:00 By Gary Ralston

LIGHT Blues supporters welcome latest development as finance chief seizes sizable stake in Rangers by hoovering up 3.2 per cent of the club's shares.

RANGERS fans have welcomed one of their own stepping forward to buy a chunk of the club.

Hong Kong-based George Taylor, a managing director with Morgan Stanley, has purchased 3.2 per cent of the club after a frantic shares grab over the last 72 hours.

The Stock Exchange announced details yesterday after his purchase of 2.375million shares moved him into the “major interest” threshold.

Taylor is Glasgow born and a close friend of George Letham, who gave the club an emergency loan of £1m earlier this year.

Taylor was also part of the syndicate involving Letham, Paul Murray and Dave King whose proposed investment of £16m was rejected in favour of Mike Ashley’s £2m emergency finance package.

Taylor was unavailable for comment and the strategy behind his shares purchase has yet to be established but he has already won the backing of rank and file fans.

Scott Semple, secretary of the Hong Kong Rangers Supporters Club, said: “He is a member of our club, a true bluenose. I’ve known him for 10 years and trust him.

“I’ve spoken to him and he only has the best intentions for Rangers.”

Chris Graham of the Union of Fans added: “The more shares in the hands of genuine fans, the better.”

Almost on the pulse, but better late than never.

gersfan.jpg

He already owned shares but because his latest purchase took him above 3%, a LSE notification had to be made.

That's how I understood it to be, Frankie. The purchase of 200,000 shares triggered the announcement, yet Ralston has chosen to turn it around the other way.

Toxic-esque.

The transaction which triggered the LSE announcement.

Ah triggered it, ok. Since you know everything about this, it is not a move by anyone and it is an insignificant pile of piss, when did this guy buy his other 2.9 odd% ?

Give us some hard info rather than just putting down other posters. Share your obviously vast knowledge, some of us are not so fortunate as you.